Why become a member? ×

Incognito/Citrus Sun. Ride Like the Wind

bubinga5

4 hours ago, musicbassman said:

I don't know who the bass player is, but a great demonstration of restrained and purposeful playing there.

Francis Hylton played bass on this record. He told me via FaceBook and he is my new best friend. 😂

841760228-612x612.jpg

Edited by bubinga5
  • Like 2

My Favourite Christopher Cross record is Arthur's Theme. Is just sublime. Micheals vocals as far as I'm aware are not on this recording.  Micheal McDonald's backing are missed quite a lot although his vocals are so recognisable up front. His vocals on some Steely Dan's records are just so very clever. Oh ill let it slide, it its a great record. 

Edited by bubinga5
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

In truth, the production on that last track makes it virtually unlistenable. It feels like my ears are in a vice ...

in my many years (I'm 43)  of listening to music I don't think I've ever listened to a record that has been unlistenable..Especially because of the production. I think your being a little over dramatic Jack. 

Edited by bubinga5

16 minutes ago, bubinga5 said:

in my many years (I'm 43)  of listening to music I don't think I've ever listened to a record that has been unlistenable..Especially because of the production. I think your being a little over dramatic Jack. 

Your experiences are yours, mine are mine.

Unlike you, I recognise the difference.

:)

And I've been listening to music for a lot longer than you.

:lol:

I'm 61, Bub. 43 years ago I'd left home, moved to London (with my record collection), and started going to gigs in the Big City.

Does that make me an expert? Nope.

Does that make me smarter than you? Nope.

But I have my own ears, and I hears what I hears ...

:)

• Like 1

On 28/07/2018 at 11:25, bubinga5 said:

My Favourite Christopher Cross record is Arthur's Theme. Is just sublime.

Yeah, a great tune. Although, not totally his composition, he co-wrote it with three others....

Looks like Christopher had some good mates that he dragged along to the session.

:D

Personnel

Edited by lowdown

On 30/07/2018 at 19:28, bubinga5 said:

Check out the “Rush in Rio” live CD (not the DVD, different mix) and see how long you last, or the original mix of Rush’s Vapour Trails and after about 15 minutes of hugely over-compressed, digitally clipped sound you’ll experience the strange disconnect of your brain going, “I like the tunes but my ears are saying please make it stop”.

PS and this is from a huge Rush fan!

On 28/07/2018 at 11:20, lowdown said:

Yeah a great tune, it's also a very good cover and well played. Although, vocally I prefer the (original) Christopher Cross vocals.

Why have they missed out the (Michael McDonald) vocal answering phrases? :D

Yes, I missed those answering phrases too... “Such a long wa-ay-ay...” but it’s still a cracking cover!

On 28/07/2018 at 11:25, bubinga5 said:

My Favourite Christopher Cross record is Arthur's Theme. Is just sublime. Micheals vocals as far as I'm aware are not on this recording.  Micheal McDonald's backing are missed quite a lot although his vocals are so recognisable up front. His vocals on some Steely Dan's records are just so very clever. Oh ill let it slide, it its a great record. 

There are some lovely tunes and great playing across the whole of his debut album. A fave in the car.

• Like 1