Why become a member? ×

MusicMan Bongo 5 HS - fab condition. Offers considered.
£1300

It's come time to sell my MM Bongo 5-string, HS model in Blue (MM colour designation: 'Carbon Blue', as far as I can tell).

1931863286__86.thumb.jpg.ae9120e9436618df1d329d68d71e01e1.jpg

The bass is in great condition, with the only notable cosmetic damage being a knock on the tip of the headstock (sadly common for the Bongo).  It's just been set up by a local luthier, so it plays great. Also has a new set of Slinky strings fitted (1 month old).  I bought it here on BC, about 18 months ago.

For those not familiar, the 5-string Bongo bass is a true monster, with a unique and powerful sound. And yet, it offers many refinements not common on Musician basses... 24 frets; slim neck profile; 4-band eq with 18 Volt pre-amp, to name but a few.

The design allows for fast and smooth playability, with excellent ergonomics to suit a range of players. 

Another wonderful feature of this bass is the ergonomic balance when on the strap (the main reason I bought it to begin with)... There is virtually no neck dive and yet the body is not heavy at all.

I highly recommend checking a Bongo bass out, as they're unique and quite rare in the UK. 

Reason for sale: I just picked up a Bongo 6.

Due to the size of this item, I will be reluctant to ship - but I can arrange to hand deliver, or meet half-way. 

I am also listing this bass on Gumtree, eBay and Reverb.

$_867.jpg

$_866.jpg

$_865.jpg

$_864.jpg

$_863.jpg

$_862.jpg

Edited by falling_in2_infinity
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, fretmeister said:

Meet halfway from where?

What is the weight please?

Hey man, thanks for the interest.

I'm in Milton Keynes.  Although I'm also often in the Bristol area.

It comes in at 4.1kg on my crappy bathroom scales...  The MM website says ~4.2kg, so I guess it's about right.

23 hours ago, Jaykingfunk said:

This is beautiful! Are you interested in trades at all? I’ve got a stunning Sandberg California VM5 in mint condition?? Cheers, J.

Hi Mate - thanks for the interest.

I'm not really looking for trades at the moment... though I could possibly be swayed by a nice amp head (class D, around 500W, clean and flat sounding).

Cheers!

1 hour ago, falling_in2_infinity said:

Hi Mate - thanks for the interest.

I'm not really looking for trades at the moment... though I could possibly be swayed by a nice amp head (class D, around 500W, clean and flat sounding).

Cheers!

No worries mate. I’ve got a cracking class D amp but need to hold onto it! J