Why become a member? ×

We Love Playing There

Bluewine

5 hours ago, cheddatom said:

We did Rock City once, supporting Buzzcocks, definitely a highlight for me, I've seen so many huge bands play there, it was quite a honour to be on the stage. I love that venue!!

One of my favourite venues, seen a few bands there. It’s everything a music venue should be.

We play the Freddie G drum academy at Sparsholt college in Winchester. The venue is just the campus bar but we get to play with the celebrity drummers. So far we've played with the likes of Gregg Bissonette, Steve White, Ian Matthews (kasabian), Craig Blundell and Woody from Bastille amongst others. Always great fun.

• Like 1

Gigs I love?

I love playing in big fields. Open air festivals, that is.

Big stages, big sound systems, big stage sound, captive and appreciative audiences and you also get to see some great bands on the bill.

We were booked to play one early this year that was washed out and had to be rescheduled but I haven't been rained on at an open air gig in a few years.

• Like 2

I love playing The 100 Club, iconic venue, you just get the feel of the place when there. Also love The Star & Garter in Manchester, just great gigs and great audiences, in a venue that is standing proud in a development area and not moving. And lastly The Rebellion Festival at The Winter Gardens in Blackpool, just love that, the biggest and best punk festival, being asked to play there is awesome. 200+ bands over a weekend, you get to catch up with so many people that you`ve met over the previous year, it`s just an amazing time. We`re setting off tomorrow (playing Sunday afternoon), am so looking forward to it.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

I love playing The 100 Club, iconic venue, you just get the feel of the place when there. Also love The Star & Garter in Manchester, just great gigs and great audiences, in a venue that is standing proud in a development area and not moving. And lastly The Rebellion Festival at The Winter Gardens in Blackpool, just love that, the biggest and best punk festival, being asked to play there is awesome. 200+ bands over a weekend, you get to catch up with so many people that you`ve met over the previous year, it`s just an amazing time. We`re setting off tomorrow (playing Sunday afternoon), am so looking forward to it.

Sounds great!

21 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

I'll be there with Headsticks on Thursday and Friday... can't stay for the whole weekend unfortunately but it's such a brilliant atmosphere! I can't wait to get there!

I used to love the Star & Garter but I went there to see a hardcore band and got "crowd killed" bashing my head on the floor, so every time I go back I get reminded of it... great venue though, I'll get over it :)

100 club is great too. Brilliant house kit!!

On 27/07/2018 at 12:15, Bluewine said:

My favorite place is a small bar called Aribas. Here's why;

1. It's a great sounding room. Low ceilings and carpeted flooring.

2. The bar is right next to the spot we play in, no stage.

3. The crowd is primarily made up of live music lovers. The average age is probably 65. These folks were probably Hippies back in the 60s and love the vintage 70s based blues & rock we play.

I love the place.

Blue

FB_IMG_1532704727556.jpg

Just found out Arribas has new owners. Pool tables in and no more live music.

Blue

7 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

Just found out Arribas has new owners. Pool tables in and no more live music.

Nothing worse than when your favourite place gets turned into something else.

We had that with one of our locals, and now our main local (ie, the one that always called us first when someone else let them down) has been sold and no idea what the plans of the new owners are, but it is being done up at the moment and reopening in the autumn.

Although as you said it was full of music lovers, maybe they will go somewhere else?

Edited by Woodinblack

5 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Nothing worse than when your favourite place gets turned into something else.

We had that with one of our locals, and now our main local (ie, the one that always called us first when someone else let them down) has been sold and no idea what the plans of the new owners are, but it is being done up at the moment and reopening in the autumn.

Although as you said it was full of music lovers, maybe they will go somewhere else?

Never thought of it that way, especially being the money hound I am.

That was business we generated, those were our costumers. Probably a good way to pitch our business to someone else.

Problem is, the number of owners that know how manage live music is dwindling at a rapid pace In the Milwaukee area.

Blue

Edited by Bluewine
  • Sad 1

On 31/07/2018 at 13:14, Lozz196 said:

+1 Star & Garter!