LITTLEWING

31 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

ha ha ha hahahahahahahaahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Never.

I bow to your superior knowledge. 😑

40 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

I’m just guessing but I suspect his post was in relation to “how do you clean your strings” and not your post.

I concur

20 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I like my strings when they are worn ln  but if they get a bit grimy especially in this weather I use a few alcohol wipes that I use for my glasses the moisture evaporates 

In 55 years I've never been in the habit of cleaning strings, however using alcohol wipes is something I plan on trying.

Thanks Reggaebass

Blue

• Like 1

On 27/07/2018 at 09:37, EliasMooseblaster said:

Another vote here for Fast Fret on uncoated strings. It won't bring a set back to life, but they'll go for a lot longer before they start to sound dead if you're diligent with the stuff. Back when I still had flats on my fretless, I found it was pretty nifty on those as well (anyone else find that flats get a bit "sticky" if you don't clean them?)

I'm another Fast Fret fan, always use it at the end of a set. 

On 27/07/2018 at 11:05, missis sumner said:

I'm convinced that when stings go dull, it's mostly because of the flat spots that are created in contact with the frets, not the actual accumulation of dirt in the string...

Any fretless people have a view on this?

That's an interesting one so i guess light touched players strings should last longer than the heavy hande player in theory.

Curious to see if anyone can validate this one. 

Dave

On 26/07/2018 at 22:37, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

We’ve definitely been around the block with this one before, including....

I was thinking of this when I read the thread title.

Blast from the past, didn't people recommend vinegar? Never tried it personally...

11 hours ago, TheGreek said:

I was thinking of this when I read the thread title.

Blast from the past, didn't people recommend vinegar? Never tried it personally...

Not sure about cleaning strings but always handy for the post gig fish supper :laugh1:

I gave up trying to clean strings.  Didn't seem to do much for me.  Also tried making sure my hands were clean before I played.  Strings seem to last fine for practice but as soon as I sweat on them at a gig they lose that freshness.  I have resorted to Elixirs (nickel) and they are actually pretty bright and stay that way.  There is also a decent set of coated strings by Blacksmith.  They aren't as bright as the Elixirs but are still fairly bright and have so far stayed that way four gigs in.