Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Rainbow ONE 10

paddy109

I think they’d look nicer with the silver grill cloth.

Still, special editions are a good way of gauging public appetite, they look good on social media advertising, and it gets people talking! Win/win.

However, when funds permit I shall be getting a black Two10 with silver grill cloth.

On 26/07/2018 at 22:01, stingrayPete1977 said:

The tolex will probably fall off fairly soon anyway :hi:

I think they finally learnt to glue it properly (fingers crossed, I use my Two10s regularly and they still look fine)

edit: one of the handles seems to be coming loose... I'm not kidding. Really. Deep breath.

Edited by mcnach
  • Haha 2

Call me boring, but black with silver cloth would still be my finish of choice and, after several years, the tolex is still fine on all my cabs.

I'm using two One10's for practice at home. One sounds good but even at front room volume levels two still sound so much better!

• Thanks 1

On 30/07/2018 at 09:15, Pea Turgh said:

I think they’d look nicer with the silver grill cloth.

Still, special editions are a good way of gauging public appetite, they look good on social media advertising, and it gets people talking! Win/win.

However, when funds permit I shall be getting a black Two10 with silver grill cloth.

Personally I'd go for a metal grill every time. "Vive la difference" eh.

• Like 1

Guys, can i ask if these cabs would be suitable for a typical Social Club gig. Just Bass/Guitar and drums. No PA support as such. Just the usual run of the mill covers.

I know ive not been too generous towards BF in the past, as i felt the cabs i had didnt live up to expectations, but i really could do with something smaller than what i have for smaller gigs.

Edited by dave_bass5

5 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Guys, can i ask if these cabs would be suitable for a typical Social Club gig. Just Bass/Guitar and drums. No PA support as such. Just the usual run of the mill covers.

I know ive not been too generous towards BF in the past, as i felt the cabs i had didnt live up to expectations, but i really could do with something smaller than what i have for smaller gigs.

I use 1 for rehearsing with a 25 piece big band.

And 2 if I'm gigging with them and need more spread rather than volume.

I'm a sucker for bright colors, if it was something else yes but no thanks, sorry to all bf lovers yes I've had bf cabs before anyone jumps in , I just couldn't get on with them. I'll stick to my glockenklang cab for now till gas takes hold again which it often does 

51 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

I think you could but it would be flat out, I didn't like the tone from them either but that's subjective. 

Of course the fans won't have a bad word said about them so I'm sure someone will be along to tell me they are playing Wembley in an Iron Maiden tribute without pa support and it's too loud. 

At least you can try one and send it back if you don't like it. 

The best solution would be a better pa then you could use a smaller bass cab anyway. 

We swapped our pa which got rid of two old subs, two power amps/mixers and I went from my 2x12 to my 1x12 for anything other than outdoor gigs, the whole thing takes less time to setup, less storage room, less room in the cars/vans, less room in the venue, it's louder and sounds better! 

5 minutes ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

I think you could but it would be flat out, I didn't like the tone from them either but that's subjective. 

Of course the fans won't have a bad word said about them so I'm sure someone will be along to tell me they are playing Wembley in an Iron Maiden tribute without pa support and it's too loud. 

At least you can try one and send it back if you don't like it. 

The best solution would be a better pa then you could use a smaller bass cab anyway. 

We swapped our pa which got rid of two old subs, two power amps/mixers and I went from my 2x12 to my 1x12 for anything other than outdoor gigs, the whole thing takes less time to setup, less storage room, less room in the cars/vans, less room in the venue, it's louder and sounds better! 

Haha, ive owned 2 of their cabs so i know what works for me and what wont. Never found them to be lacking volume as such, just tone. Never felt they lived up to the blurb but you live and learn.  In the past i was looking for a one cab solution, so the criteria was a bit more demanding. Now im just thinking something small and light for rehearsals, and club gigs. It wont be replacing my 1x15, ever, but ive realised im getting lazy and not taking that to rehearsals (due to the amount of stairs id need to carry it up and down), but im not too keen on using 4x12's for rehearsals as i know ill never get that tone form my own gear. Im looking for a lightweight cab that can cover both if im feeling lazy, but not too fussed about it filling  St Paul's Cathedral (even though i know it can lol).

4 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Yup.

Venues tend to be sports hall type places with audience numbers of about 200

We've got 4 of the noisiest trombone playing flipers you ever imagine and I'm usually right next to them.

Thats good to know. Might take a punt on the plain black one, as its cheaper than the Rainbow version.

39 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Haha, ive owned 2 of their cabs so i know what works for me and what wont. Never found them to be lacking volume as such, just tone. Never felt they lived up to the blurb but you live and learn.  In the past i was looking for a one cab solution, so the criteria was a bit more demanding. Now im just thinking something small and light for rehearsals, and club gigs. It wont be replacing my 1x15, ever, but ive realised im getting lazy and not taking that to rehearsals (due to the amount of stairs id need to carry it up and down), but im not too keen on using 4x12's for rehearsals as i know ill never get that tone form my own gear. Im looking for a lightweight cab that can cover both if im feeling lazy, but not too fussed about it filling  St Paul's Cathedral (even though i know it can lol).

Thats good to know. Might take a punt on the plain black one, as its cheaper than the Rainbow version.

The one cab solution is the BF Compact. Light, powerful and tonally delightful.

1 hour ago, RandomBass said:

The one cab solution is the BF Compact. Light, powerful and tonally delightful.

1 hour ago, Bridgehouse said:

When I tried to sell mine nobody wanted it! Still, decided to keep it now ;)

I came sooo close, but I've already got one and couldn't convince myself that I need two !

4 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

I used one with a soul band, and it got away with it just, but its likelyy amp was the limiting factor. Two coped with a 5 piece rock band.

I had to sell both of mine cos I was skint, but when I’ve got the dosh again it’ll be a Two10 for me! (Black though, soz BF).

14 hours ago, Pea Turgh said:

I used one with a soul band, and it got away with it just, but its likelyy amp was the limiting factor. Two coped with a 5 piece rock band.

I had to sell both of mine cos I was skint, but when I’ve got the dosh again it’ll be a Two10 for me! (Black though, soz BF).

I dont think my lot are anywhere as loud as i think. I plan to use it with a GK MB800 or MB F1, which is very loud.

14 hours ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

I think the two ten would be much better, not that much extra to carry really but far more versatile. 

I had one and didn't like it. I know the 1x10 will have similar qualities but i have a feeling they wont be as over powering as the Retro 210.

1 hour ago, bobmartin said:

The used value of these is going to be very poor. Avoid...

I think the standard one is cheap enough that i wont feel i need to sell it if i dont use it much. In fact i might just end up using it at home for jamming with my son if it doesnt cut it live.

25 minutes ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

The 1x10 to my mind is a useful addition to someone who has a selection of heads and cabs but needs a practice amp, without the amp. 

I use my One10 for practice. I would gig it if I was still playing in the duo with an acoustic guitarist.

I have gigged 2 One10's and they worked very well together with a full band.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

If you didn't like the 2x10 then I can't see how having a 1x10 is going to be a good idea? 

The 1x10 to my mind is a useful addition to someone who has a selection of heads and cabs but needs a practice amp, without the amp. 

Different times different needs.

The 2 x10 was a bit low end heavy for what i wanted at the time, and seemed to lack definition in the mids. I was coming from a 2 x12 and just didnt find the tone of the 210 worked for me. At that time i wanted a 1 cab does it all and this wasn't it.

Im now not looking for a one cab does it all, i have that covered, i just want something small and light to take to rehearsals, i can take to smaller gigs, and wont take up much room at home. The 1 x10 seems to fit the bill. If it doesn't work for gigs its still usable for home use so i feel this will work in at least one situation. The 210 sounded great at low level at home. I might even use it as a practise guitar cab as well.