Why become a member? ×

Now SOLD - thanks for looking! ☺

Hi Folks

For sale only, this completely unique Custom Build Non-Reverse Thunderbird bass that I bought here on Basschat 7 months ago from Sean, aka Billy Apple. The bass comes with an excellent quality hard case that I bought from chimike especially for this bass, as it's a bit longer than most standard 34" scale basses.

For the bass & case, I'm looking for £575 (or near offer).

The history of this bass from when it was first commissioned in 2013 is quite a story in itself; read more about it here:  To describe the bass properly and give it it's full due, I hope Sean won't mind me quoting him from his For Sale advert last December:

"Completely unique custom built NR Thunderbird. The last of the Bachbird body blanks made from mahogany and a lovely rosewood board. Bach also supplied the two piece bridge. Routed to vintage specs by the Bass Doc, with a hand-made bone nut, vintage white scratch-plate, TRC and control cover. Pups are '66's from Steve at the Thunderbucker Ranch, along with one bevel surround and shim. Tuners are Gotoh Resolite GB528's. Vintage white top-hats with a matte white finish and set-up from John Williams at Noiseworks."

I'm only selling this because a chance to buy a very special Roscoe Beck V came up recently (which I couldn't ignore), so I'm selling a few things to recoup that outlay - otherwise, I'd be keeping this because it's totally unique -  a one-off - and it sounds amazing and gets so much attention at gigs because it looks so cool!

Collection from Littlehampton, West Sussex preferred, but am happy to drive to meet up if it's within a reasonable distance. I could courier it (at your expense) in the right circumstances, but only if it's a fully-insured service.. Otherwise, it's just too risky!

Anyway, thanks for looking and if you've any questions about this amazing Thunderbird, please ask awayimageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55a here or PM me.

Nik

Thunderbird 1.jpg

Thunderbird 2.jpg

Thunderbird 4.jpg

Thunderbird 5.jpg

Thunderbird 6.jpg

Thunderbird 7.jpg

Thunderbird 8.jpg

Thunderbird 9.jpg

Edited by silverfoxnik
SOLD
  • Like 3

Morning All...

A Saturday BUMP for this unique NR Thunderbird! 

I forgot to say in my OP just how beautifully this bass has been set up, so it really does play like a dream..

Any questions, please PM me. Otherwise, thanks for looking. ☺

• ped locked this topic