Why become a member? ×

Painfully accurate

11 hours ago, Merton said:

I have done this.

But, like @Bassalarky I have a deal with my missus - she has her horse and all its ridiculous expense, as long as we pay the bills and have holidays (ooops) the. Image doesn’t seem to mind. Much.

Maybe she'd like the "one trick pony" mentioned in the Is Rickenbacker a dirty word..........? topic?

• Haha 1

I did once try the "well you only have one a*se, why do you need so many pairs of trousers" approach.  Needless to say the casualty nurses were (slightly) more symathetic 😞 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ead said:

I did once try the "well you only have one a*se, why do you need so many pairs of trousers" approach.  Needless to say the casualty nurses were (slightly) more symathetic 😞 

“You only have one a*se..”

”I’ll have none if you continue down this line after I’ve kicked you out..”

etc.

6 hours ago, DBerriff said:

I am still trying to figure out how to smuggle in a second double bass. ☹️

Shirley you have double-bass case..? It's empty, naturally. ;) Isn't it..! ;) Empty. ;) No 'second bass' in there, is there..? ;) Naturally. ;)

:lol:

The way it works here is you seed the thought that you want something.  Wife insists you sell/make space first.  I just make noises along the lines of, 'Yes, yes, that's fine,' all the while singing the Meowmix song in my head and ignoring her 100%.  New bit of kit arrives and I just rack it up.  Wife none the wiser.

My wife has watched three of my last four gigs and told me I need a new bass!! I already have three basses... But she says mine look rubbish and Pete the guitarist has a shiny red guitar, get one like Pete's... Well, I'm not going to correct her on that one. I'm now showing her guitars online and asking "that one?" And more often than not getting approval.

I just have to hide my offence at her saying my Kramer and my MIJ Precison look rubbish.