Why become a member? ×

*** SOLD: Mesa Boogie Big Block 750, Footswitch, Rackcase *** SOLD
£550

Now SOLD -  Thanks for your interest.

Hi Folks

For sale is my Mesa Boogie Big Block 750 amp (rackmount version), which comes with the mute/channel switching footswitch and a 4U rack case with rack draw, power cable and Speakon to Speakon cable.  I bought this from Dvisions just before the New Year and have used it for just a handful of gigs in that time.

Price is SOLD or near offer and considering these were almost £1700 new when they came out about 10 years ago,and this includes the footswitch and rack case,  I think it's a pretty fair price.

It's working perfectly and is a very powerful, high quality US built amp with a wide array of tonal options. IMO,  the Big Block is capable of delivering volume in spades, with a powerful and easy to use e.q. section (especially the mids) and when needed, a more gritty and overdriven sound if you need it. The Big Block didn't have a footswitch when I bought it so I sourced a Mesa Boogie Lonestar footswitch that does the job of remotely changing channels between clean and overdriven, and also the mute function. It's really handy to have that functionality in a gigging situation...   If I've attached the right photos, then you should be able to see the footswitch operating the mute function and the channel switching.. I've also used the photo that Dvisions used in his for sale ad, so i hope he won't mind me doing that..

There's loads of really helpful reviews and stuff on Google, YouTube, Talkbass etc about this amp but suffice to say, if you want to get more info on it, it's definitely out there!  Here's a few interesting YouTube links: 

This is my favourite - this guy is awesome! 

And though Mesa get associated with Rock music, here's a more funky exponent bigging up Boogie gear : 

And yet another funky Big Block user:  

Only selling because I'm using my Ampeg amp & cabs more and our recent house purchase has strained the finances somewhat and will do for the foreseaable... So, because I need to raise funds at the moment I'm not looking for trades at this time, sorry. 

Viewings welcome if you're near Littlehampton, West Sussex (tea/coffee/biscuits provided). Happy to work something out  about travelling if it's within a 50 mile radius.. I've posted large amps before (for an additional cost) and could be persuaded to do so again, but there's always a high risk with that which I'd prefer not to have to do if possible.

Thanks for looking and if you need more info, please PM me.  I do have a feedback thread too, so please check that out if you don't know me and want to check out my credentials on Basschat..

Cheers

Nik

Big Block 750 b.jpg

Big Block 750 c.jpg

Big Block 750 d.jpg

Big Block 750 e.jpg

Big Block 750 f.jpg

Big Block 750.jpg

Edited by silverfoxnik
Item now SOLD
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HazBeen said:

Like you need another MPulse, 1 just isn’t loud enough :)

I am still in shock about just how loud that thing is, it doesn't quite empty bowels like my SVT, but it gets bloody close. I thought it would be a practice rig, but had forgotten the magnitude of the bloody thing in the 10 years since I last owned one :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silverfoxnik said:

It's the same with the Big Block, Chris - it's stupidly loud really, but the upside is that there's lots of headroom!

Main advantage of the Big Block over the SVT is that it only requires one person to carry it. oh, and it's less likely to go wrong. And it's more versatile. And it's got a footswitchable channel. Oh, and you don't have to spend a couple of hundred quid on tubes every couple of years. 

The five main advantage of the the Big Block........ :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beedster said:

...The five main advantages of the the Big Block........ :)

... and it's immediately available at a reasonable price from this very topic..!

The six main advantages of the the Big Block........ :)

Edited by Dad3353
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Sold yet??

Not yet Mick...

Maybe it's the time of year, price or just that these bigger, heavier pieces of kit are becoming less and less in demand - who knows?

Anyway, here's a pre weekend BUMP for a quality bass amp from the old school! ☺

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Mesa Boogie BB 750 £550 - not words you'd normally put together without there being a street fight to get at the item..

Maybe I'm getting stupid in my old age but I can't get why this hasn't already sold..

Thanks Mick,

Nor can I, but then again, the market here on Basschat has really slowed down over the last year or so.

Maybe it's the growth of bass gear pages on Facebook or something else - I don't know?

Whatever it is, it's a very different marketplace now.

Cheers

Nik

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...