Why become a member? ×

Youth / Cerys Matthews / bass, BBC Radio 6

josie

"Youth, ex Killing Joke bassist, ORB frontman and producer who's produced artists including Sir Paul McCartney , Pink Floyd, The Verve, De La Soul, Beth Orton, Kool and the Gang talks about his career and new label, Painted Word"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bbtm4f

The segment runs from 0:32:40 to 1:12:40. Good to see a bass player getting such good coverage.

I caught some of that. Very interesting although I hadn't been into the Orb much hitherto.  I was impressed that he's collaborated withJah Wobble - one of my bass heroes! I'll have to look into Youth and his output a bit more.

(p.s. I love some of the stuff on radio 6. As long as they aren't going on about band t-shirts all the time!! Could give a toss about t-shirts - most of them aren't cut for women anyway.)

2 hours ago, seashell said:

(p.s. I love some of the stuff on radio 6. As long as they aren't going on about band t-shirts all the time!! Could give a toss about t-shirts - most of them aren't cut for women anyway.)

Yup. Band T-shirts come in three sizes - skeleton, footy fan beer gut and tent 😊