Why become a member? ×

Leaving Florence on Monday only to miss...

skidder652003

So I'm on me holibobs this week and a very pleasant week in Italy it is too except we leave Florence Monday morning only to see that Jethro Tull are playing outside around the corner Monday night followed by Chick Corea on Tuesday night with some John Pattagoochie or something similar on bass! What a bummer!!

Edited by skidder652003

I wouldn`t worry about missing Tull too much. Ian`s voice has been shot for years and Martin Barre ain`t playing guitar so it`s not Tull for me.

It would be like Yes touring without Jon Anderson!

Oh, hang on a minute 😲

As above, you're probably not missing much. I skipped a few years but touring Roots to Branches they were brilliant  (Jonathan Noyce on Bass). Caught them at a couple of festivals since, the first time before they brought in the new singer, when they were just a half-ar5ed parody of themselves, then just after the new singer came... that was as bad. It made me sad.

We were in the south of France a few years ago, and walking along The Croisette in Cannes there was a large marquee on a private section of the beach, with a band soundchecking - soon realised it turned out to be John Legend doing a corporate gig. 

9 hours ago, skidder652003 said:

So I'm on me holibobs this week and a very pleasant week in Italy it is too except we leave Florence Monday morning only to see that Jethro Tull are playing outside around the corner Monday night followed by Chick Corea on Tuesday night with some John Pattagoochie or something similar on bass! What a bummer!!

JT and in Florence?  I feel your pain.

Abscond and claim that you were on the run from Zebedee when the dust settles.

11 hours ago, skidder652003 said:

Where are you going next ? Home ? Then the Rai 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ... will certainly broadcat the concerts. Check it out. I've seen Chick Corea twice, the first concert was really great, we left the second one after the second track as it was so boring not sure you are missing something extraordinary.

For around 20 years I was a big Tull fan but like another of my favourite bands - Rush, time has not been kind to the singers voice. 

One person described Ian`s voice as sounding "like a drunk uncle at auntie Flo`s 80th birthday!" 

And Ian said in an interview a few years ago, without Martin Barre, it`s not Tull. Oh how right he is!

Edited by jezzaboy

5 hours ago, fiatcoupe432 said:

Summer is great in Italy as there is live music out on the square every night ! If you into jazz next time visit Perugia or anywhere in Umbria ! 

Also another great place to be for live music is the buskers festival in Ferrara ! Unbelievable talents out there 

We played at the Onda Rd in Passingnano Sul Trasimeno last summer as part of the summer music festival. Going back next year where we'll be playing in both Tuoro and Assisi. Beautiful part of the world and some smashing backdrops.