Why become a member? ×

NBD 78 P bass / pickup question

only4

I went out for a breath of fresh air at lunchtime yesterday and ended up coming back to work with a 1978 P bass! 

081E4B4C-28D3-4E70-9498-DE6F9743089E.thumb.jpeg.41a1bac9d2bd5d7bc120b5012fd20764.jpeg

Overall condition isn’t too bad but at some point it’s had an active EMG pickup fitted which I’m not too keen on and the original didn’t come with it, so my question is what’s the closest available pickup to the one it would have originally come with from new?

Or any other suggestions would be welcome.

Edited by only4

Pick one of our best U.K. pickup winders and ask them to do you one which will match what a 78 P would have had - most guys will have done enough rewinds to do a really good copy.

I can supply recommendations if that would help.

Edited by Bridgehouse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bridgehouse said:

Pick one of our best U.K. pickup winders and ask them to do you one which will match what a 78 P would have had - most guys will have done enough rewinds to do a really good copy.

I can supply recommendations if that would help.

Thanks for the suggestion, I noticed that Creamery pickups near me in Manchester do a 74 P bass pickup that I’m looking into.

8 minutes ago, only4 said:

Thanks for the suggestion, I noticed that Creamery pickups near me in Manchester do a 74 P bass pickup that I’m looking into.

Sounds good - Bare Knuckle do something similar too, and worth asking Oil City as well

• Like 1