Why become a member? ×

G&L in the UK

Brother Jones

I've been looking to try a US G&L for a few weeks now, and am close to giving up because they seem to have almost zero distribution. Yes, their site lists a UK distributor, who in turn lists UK 'outlets',  but few if any of them even have Tribute basses, let alone US models. 

This is a real shame because I love the ideas and the execution involved. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I did have 3 of them an ASAT, semi hollow ASAT and an L1500, I could tell you a bit if you want, but it’s not the same as picking it up and playing one, I agree.

There will be some people on here who may be kind and let you play theirs?

Theu foncome up for sale, I suppose again try before you may buy or take a punt? I took a punt on mine, was good fun.

The only store in UK that I've seen that regularly has US G & Ls in stock is the Great British Bass Lounge, even then it only tends to be one or two at any one time.

Other than that you really don't see them around very often in the UK. My impression is that their US production output isn't large enough to export many instruments outside the US

Edited by Cato

Where abouts are you based? I have a couple of G&Ls, one USA MJ-4 and one Tribute JB-2. The Tributes are terrific value.

They are currently imported by Blackstar.

P.S. I live in Rutland.

Edited by DBerriff