Why become a member? ×

Pickguard? - Or NO Pickguard?

discreet

3 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

Pertinent for me. My first 51 build had one: But my current build does not... So I say mood, and colour dependent....

Nice. Also f-hole dependent. ;) But I think cream works without a guard. There is also the option of a black guard, just to confuse the issue...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, discreet said:

Nice. Also f-hole dependent. ;) But I think cream works without a guard. There is also the option of a black guard, just to confuse the issue...

I really like black on cream. My 74 P is black guard on cream - It was olympic white but it's custard now 😅

f-hole and guard would be too busy.. 

9 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

You could always decoupage a Paisleyguard to put on it...

Errm... no. Especially given Kodiakblair's recent trials and tribulations with Paisley... :D I might consider a 50s -style pin-up though, that would be in keeping with the vibe.

pin-up.png

Edited by discreet
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, discreet said:

Errm... no. Especially given Kodiakblair's recent trials and tribulations with Paisley... :D I might consider a 50s -style pin-up though, that would be in keeping with the vibe.

pin-up.png

Now there's an idea... You could call it the Flying FenderFortress

1 minute ago, discreet said:

Erm... technically, no. :D But I could re-drill them easily enough...

I was thinking along Bridgehouse's lines - - - - - - - then I had a light bulb moment 🤡 why not get a matching hole-less pick guard? 🤓

Just now, KiOgon said:

I was thinking along Bridgehouse's lines - - - - - - - then I had a light bulb moment 🤡 why not get a matching hole-less pick guard? 🤓

But don't fit it 'cos it looks better without 😁

• Haha 1

Just now, KiOgon said:

I tried that - it looks really odd - you need the screws for it to look "right" - so saw off the heads, stick them in the holes, and then double sided tape - then if you want to go guard less you can do...!

1 minute ago, KiOgon said:

That is an option. Or I could just paint the guard on, changing the colour if I get bored...