Why become a member? ×

SOLD*now £450*Mesa Boogie m-pulse 600
£575

spencer.b

Mesa Boogie m-pulse 600

Now £450

Hybrid head, valve pre, MOSFET power stage, this thing has loads of power and my favourite EQ ever 

Really good condition , no crackles 

I'm in crystal palace but I travel loads for gigs so try me for a motorway meet up of drop off

IMG_20180720_101356241.thumb.jpg.ba72242e9a3340950d094482165da901.jpg

IMG_20180720_101411975.thumb.jpg.01147ca9142e82c9e4f7692fd58d62a7.jpg

IMG_20180720_101336227.thumb.jpg.65757729eecd6c588b33a641ce9fb5a6.jpg

Edited by spencer.b
Sold
  • Like 2

I bought one recently - with black detailing - Been using this with the Powerhouse 112 that I was selling - IMO produces a much warmer, richer tone than the Walkabout and M9 models. The tone is much closer to that produced by the Mesa I played back in the 80s. My opinion on Mesa has improved as a result.  I think that there will be a whole bunch of BCers who will be interested in this.

GLWTS

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As stated above, I acquired one of these recently and I honestly thought that this would fly away at this price. I thought the same about Nik's Mesa Big Block - you know, quality item, quality tone palette, look after it and it's as reliable as a wood burning stove - you can't go wrong.

I'm not a real fan of the brand - regular members know where my allegiances lie - but I really can't understand (wrong thread??) how items from an established manufacturer like Mesa, with years of producing high end equipment, doesn't sell for the prices we're being offered them here on BC. 

What else do you get for the same money? Mediocre class D units whose main attribute is that they are light...I think we're all agreed that Class D units really don't compare once everything is plugged in and working. A extra bit of weight can't be that much of an inconvenience for a better sound, Shirley?

If you're one of those who have been procrastinating because your lightweight unit doesn't come up to scratch - put you hand in your pocket and buy something that will give you all the punch you're ever likely to need.

Feel like I'm teaching my Grandmother to suck eggs..:facepalm::facepalm:

• Like 1

The 2 splendid blue Aggi cabs are now residing in my little back bedroom. They really are a testament to how much this splendid musician looks after his gear.

Spencer rather liked my Mesa (class D though it is), but the point I'm trying to make is he's a really nice, helpful bloke, who looks after his (top quality) gear.

The other Mesa I had (Walkabout) was also a superb piece of kit.

As Mick pointed out, this should really fly away at this price.

32 minutes ago, spencer.b said:

Sorry Dave nothing that far up north in the diary I'm afraid

Not sure of age sorry

No probs and appreciate you getting back to me. If the amp is still with you next time you are heading further north let me know..

Thanks again

Dave

• 1 month later...

Agreed i've just bought one and it has to be the best amp i've ever used in over 40yrs of playing. Valve warmth and tubiness with lots of EQ possibilities.

I tend to run mine flat  and depending on bass used a little touch on the bass and i mean a little touch. 

I've never known a bass amp that has a depth of tone like this and yet the mids are still so clear and not muddy when boosted. I'm using a Jazz or a P/J bass with it.

I would have had this earlier had i lived nearer but hoepfully it will sell soon especially at that price.

GLWTS

Dave 

I just wish i had bought one years ago instead of trying every other cheaper option trying to get this tone Steve. 

And once again my sincere thanks for your help and advice on the Mesa gear. It certainly helped me decide.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

WTF is it with Mesa gear at present? This is a sublimely good head that blows most of the competition out of the water, so £450 is just silly money. Looking at some of the gear that does sell here, I simply don't get why this hasn't....?  

• Like 1

I bought one few months ago and it is by far the best sounding amp i have ever played thru and i've had everything from Marshall, Ampeg, Genz, Mark Bass, GK, Trace, Matamp, Roland, EBS, Aguilar, Orange and probably a few i've missed and this amp just knocks them clean out the water. The depth of tone, warmth  and flexibility is excellent. The sound simply surrounds you rather than just hearing it. 

I'm amazed no-one local has bitten your hand off for this amp. If i had been closer i would have bought this one as well.

Dave 

Got to agree with most of the sentiments above.

This has got to be one of the best amps for sale here, has been for sale for 5 months at a ridiculously reasonable price (loathe to say "cheap") and should have been snapped up ages ago. I parted with mine only because it wasn't being used and TBH I'm a dyed in the wool Trace Elliot lover. 

It will be a very wise person that snaps this up at £450.

GLWTS

• Like 1