Why become a member? ×

Hi From Jeff Berlin

Jeff Berlin

12 hours ago, BreadBin said:

Hi Jeff - welcome!

At the bottom left of each post is a Quote option, simply press this and the post you are trying to answer will appear in the reply box. You can add multiple quotes to a single reply if you wish. 

Hope that helps :)

Ha! It certainly does! :) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

Given your popularity, I'd say you are faced with an unreasonably large task if you take it all on.  Good luck with that.

You needn't worry.  We're a casual lot for the most part.

So, what brings you to this forum?  I'm betting you aren't looking for tips on slap technique or the TAB showing how to play the intro to Wherever I Lay my Hat as played by Pino Palladino...

Ha! I just thought to share with anyone interested in it.

On 19/07/2018 at 05:42, Sneakyfish said:

Ah, the educational quest continues! Good morning from sunny London Jeff.

London has some of best Indian food anywhere! I met up with Jack Bruce's nephew Iain when I was invited to play a memorial concert  and we went for a meal. He turned out to be one of the sweetest guys ever, and the food turned out to be one of the best Indian meals ever. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Berlin said:

Probably, yes. Sorry that the bass didn't work out for you. There are lots of other great models for you to check out. 

Its a great Bass Jeff and is my first 5 String that I have owned and played, the neck is very easy to play and its light weight , well balanced and sounds grand, its just that I managed to get some birthday money and have upgraded to a more expensive bass and I don have much space to store instruments at the moment,  I'm sure it will go to a good home and good to good use.

• Like 1

Guest DarylClayton
On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 08:07, Jeff Berlin said:

It is a pleasure to be here. I would like to invite people to share thoughts and invite you all to get to know me. Sending you my best regards, Jeff

Welcome, Jeff. Hope you are well.

I met you back in 2011 when I studied at The Player's School in Clearwater on the 1 Week intensive. I didn't think it was possible to learn so much in one week, but I certainly did.

Thanks again and all the best.

Daryl

1 hour ago, DarylClayton said:

Welcome, Jeff. Hope you are well.

I met you back in 2011 when I studied at The Player's School in Clearwater on the 1 Week intensive. I didn't think it was possible to learn so much in one week, but I certainly did.

Thanks again and all the best.

Daryl

Ah man, I’d love to that.

9 hours ago, itsmedunc said:

Welcome Jeff, you will be gassing in the classifieds with the rest of us before you know it. This shop has been the ruin of many a poor boy :lol:

Welcome indeed Jeff, and itsmedunc has warned you..... lol ;)

mind you, I think I was pretty much ruined, even before joining BassChat :)

11 hours ago, fretmeister said:

Ah man, I’d love to that.

It is amazing what you can learn in a week when you really apply yourself, obviously it's not engrained in you after a week, but you take a lot of 'to-do' work and inspiration away with you to crack on with. I've not been to the Players School, but did the Wooten Woods Music camp near Nashville and got a LOT out of 1 week! Definitely explore these types of courses if you're thinking about it.

Welcome Jeff!

Si

Edited by Sibob

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

I wonder who does the Players School courses now that Jeff isn't there.

I also wonder if my lovely wife would mind if I went to Florida for a week without her...

And I'd want to buy a cheap bass to take as I'm not trusting baggage handlers with my Marleaux! 

It's probably cheaper to buy one out there and then donate it to the school for future use!! Less stressful too.