Why become a member? ×

SOLD Taurus Qube 450 Class D Lightweight Amp - £280 inc postage
£280

benh

Hi,

Up for sale what was my trusty gigging amp, a Taurus Qube 450. 450W @ 4 ohms, 350W @ 8 ohms. From Polish manufacturer Taurus, these amps are not very often seen but one of the better class D amps I've tried. A quick google search will bring up some great reviews of these. Plenty of punch, analog preamp, and the EQ is really intuitive. I've been in two minds whether to sell this or not, but it's not being used since I stopped gigging a while ago and an impending house move means I'm unfortunately having to get rid of things I don't really want to! 

Unfortunately I no longer have the original box for this, but will be shipped securely and well packaged. The price is £280 including courier.

Some blurb from the Taurus website:

Taurus Qube - 450 bass head is the smallest and the lightest bass amplifier in Taurus' amps line. The compact size of the head is attained by applying the newest, most advanced technology. The SMPS (Switching Mode Power Supply) power supply and Class D power amplifier in conjuction with classic analog preamp provide great efficency, power, dynamics and sound selectivity. As all Taurus amps, the Qube - 450 is very easy to operate. The MLO system equalization control achieves easy and intuitive tailored sound. This sound correction simplifies finding the right tone colour of the instrument.

MLO System

The "MLO" (Mid Level Optimization) is Taurus proprietary system allowing for an easy, intuitive and extremely comfortable optimization of the overall sound of the bass guitar.

The MLO System provides all new possibilities. It ensures most accurate proportion of medium frequencies in accordance of your manual settings of bass and trebles. This very intuitive and logical system supports musician's choice for most desirable sound.

In addition, the MLO equalizer ensures virtually no change in overall volume while changing the bass frequencies. Unlike most of the standard amps, adjusting bass frequency the musician notices change of the sound not the volume.

Power output: 450W RMS / 4ohm , 300W RMS / 8ohm
Main Features: analog preamp / PA class-D / SMPS
Inputs:  passive & active

Controls:
GAIN control
VOLUME control
BASS and TREBLE equalizer with "MLO system" (Middle-range Level Optimization).
Triple  BASS-switch to reduce or boost low frequency [DBS-cut/OFF/DBS-boost]
Triple  TREBLE-switch to reduce or boost high frequency [CUT/OFF/PRESENCE]
PUNCH button - increases sonic expression. Two different sound modes available Punch-1 and Punch-2

MLO EQ - TECH INFO: 
BASS: 40Hz +/-10dB @400Hz -/+4dB  
BASS Boost/Cut: 60Hz +/-6dB 
MIDDLE: 2kHz +7dB / 550Hz -7dB
TREBLE: 6kHz +15dB / 8kHz -15dB,
TREBLE Boost/Cut: 6kHz +8dB/-10dB

PUNCH Low (A): 300Hz +6dB
PUNCH High(B): 950Hz +6dB

Other features:
MUTE  button
CLIP  indicator
Protections:  short circuit, thermal overload, power overload