Why become a member? ×

1965 Kapa Continental Bass *FINAL PRICEDROP* NOW £300 posted
£400

bassist_lewis

I am regrettably selling my Kapa Continental due to buying a Fender JMJ Mustang bass. I bought this from Wunjos in London about 3 years ago and its done maybe a dozen gigs in that time. Its a really nice bass to play, 30" scale, lightweight, balances well and has that thumpy vintage sound, and strung with flats (LaBella or Thomastik). It's in vintage condition, so quite a few dings and scratches, checking on the back of the body and the neck, some of the inlays are set too deep into the fretboard but don't feel like they're going to come out, and the frets aren't overly worn. It has some quirks, the tone knob is very subtle, and the bridge is one piece of metal with height adjustment ie. no control over intonation or individual string height. These instruments are very rare, I can't find much about them online and I've not seen one for sale since I bought it.

I've installed Loxx straplocks but will include the original strap pins ad screws in the sale. I'll even throw in the nice Leather strap and crappy gig bag. Rest assured I will use tons of bubble wrap and get hold of a proper guitar box to ship it in.

postage to UK only

IMG_4236[1].JPG

IMG_4237[1].JPG

IMG_4238[1].JPG

IMG_4239[1].JPG

IMG_4240[1].JPG

IMG_4241[1].JPG

IMG_4242[1].JPG

IMG_4244[1].JPG

Edited by bassist_lewis
  • Like 3

Never seen or heard of these before, but the pickup looks exactly like the bridge p/up on my old mid-'60's Kalamazoo KB1 - I think made by Gibson.

Nice rosewood board on this too!   Vintage bump B|

• bassist_lewis changed the title to 1965 Kapa Continental BassContinental *PRICEDROP* NOW £375
  • bassist_lewis changed the title to 1965 Kapa Continental Bass *PRICEDROP* NOW £375
  • bassist_lewis changed the title to 1965 Kapa Continental Bass *FINAL PRICEDROP* NOW £300
8 hours ago, stewblack said:

Only thing putting me off is not being able to adjust the intonation. How does it play beyond the 12th fret? Does it stay close or do end up bending strings into tune?

The intonation from the 1st up to the 14th fret is very good, certainly scales are in tune at that point, but at about the 15th fret it gets a bit iffy especially if you're playing chords. If you were to play the D or A at the 19th fret with the corresponding open string it will be out of tune.

• 2 years later...