Why become a member? ×

first build

mickhardup

3 minutes ago, mickhardup said:

yea go on every one should have one, I wanted one for ages and the only way was to have a go myself, judging on the quality of your last build it would be luverly

Dunno how I’d finish it tho. Would be nice to have it natural, but I also think a dark-ish stain would be nice.

Having said that your white stain would be good too - I’d probably wax it after

5 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

Dunno how I’d finish it tho. Would be nice to have it natural, but I also think a dark-ish stain would be nice.

Having said that your white stain would be good too - I’d probably wax it after

I know all those thoughts went through my tiny brain as well but I don't have a white one so that won.   

3 minutes ago, mickhardup said:

I know all those thoughts went through my tiny brain as well but I don't have a white one so that won.   

Good call. Me neither. Mind you, I’d be tempted to do a wipe on poly finish and have it a bit glossy

Good afternoon, PHEW bloody hot innit, can any body put me right, I had a go at a Sellotape logo today all went perfect up to the water part the paper was peeling off ok but the ink started to come off as well, on all the vids I have seen on youtube never say you have to have special ink am I missing something ?   

11 minutes ago, mickhardup said:

Good afternoon, PHEW bloody hot innit, can any body put me right, I had a go at a Sellotape logo today all went perfect up to the water part the paper was peeling off ok but the ink started to come off as well, on all the vids I have seen on youtube never say you have to have special ink am I missing something ?   

Did you use a laser jet printer or a ink jet printer? 

8 minutes ago, Jimothey said:

If you don't have access to a laser printer I don't mind printing it off for you and posting it to you 😀

that's really kind thank you but I haven't got any thing to print yet. I just printed my name to see if it worked well you know the outcome of that LOL, I am sure my neighbour has a printer he is the kind of bloke who has all the top tech, thanks again for the offer   

18 minutes ago, mickhardup said:

that's really kind thank you but I haven't got any thing to print yet. I just printed my name to see if it worked well you know the outcome of that LOL, I am sure my neighbour has a printer he is the kind of bloke who has all the top tech, thanks again for the offer   

No worries 

good evening all had a look at the lacquer today (impatient) and decided it was hard enough to work on so I put it back together, have a couple of issues like I cocked up the wiring, the tone is like another volume I must of put a wire wear it shouldn't be ill check it out later, I have to fit a black jack socket when it comes so ill check the wiring then. On the hole I am very pleased how it turned out sounds luvly with them flats on don't know about the tone lol,

IMG_20180730_182815.jpg

IMG_20180730_182746.jpg

IMG_20180730_182738.jpg

IMG_20180730_182609.jpg

• Like 4

Cool.

That's very tasty for saying that you started with offcuts from a loft conversion.

It's quite common to having a little snagging list to sort out.  You have an output so with luck it is a simple case of retracing your wiring one connection at a time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

,,Cool.

That's very tasty for saying that you started with offcuts from a loft conversion.

It's quite common to having a little snagging list to sort out.  You have an output so with luck it is a simple case of retracing your wiring one connection at a time.

that's kind of you to say so thanks, I wired it up to fast I didn't think to hard about it I was like a kid with a new toy,  you know what it like,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 08:56, Christine said:

I find myself coming back to look at this quite often, it's a lovely looking build. But.... how does it sound?

it sounds luvly Christine even though it has no tone control, but my black output socket has arrived so I will fit that and check out the wiring and tone pot, I put a set of cheap flat wound strings on it too, I am digging a new pond in the garden and its taking a lot of my time but the next wet day we have ill be out doing it.

• Like 1