Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By waveydavy
      Price drop to £50
      Sold

• By JeezyMcNuggles
      So, my pickups showed up today. I dig'em. They kinda got a solid modern tone. Like, a "studio tone" if you would. Slightly scooped. But, not dull and honky like other noiseless jazz pickups. Where they sound more like splits or humbuckers. And, they are very responsive. Fender done did pretty good with these guys. Check it out.

Oh FYI, 
      Apparently you do not need a ground. Like, at all on your bass. It won't hum any more or less than normal, and it will work perfectly fine all in all without it. Because, as it turns out, my bass didn't even have a ground connected at all. No wire ran. Whatsoever. And, it worked just fine in all aspects. Weird right? Learn something new every day.
    • By Scoopdude
      For sale is my Xotic XJPro - 01.
      I brought it just over two weeks ago from the Bass Gallery in Camden. I am selling it simply because it is not the bass for me - I had thought I wanted to get an active/modern 5 string jazz style bass but I am definitely more of a passive P bass type of guy and I am primarily a double bass player, and this bass is far too nice to leave sitting around as a back-up.
      It is a wonderfully easy bass to play, the neck in particular feels super nice. It has a really nice set up as it so fresh from the shop! It is strung with a set of DR Pure Blues strings. Condition is as new.
      Here's a link to the Xotic website - http://xoticbasses.com These models were only available for a limited and are discontinued now, so do not expect to see therm come up very often! Such a high quality bass particularly at this price point.
      Comes with a very stylish case. 
      Pickup or meet up in London, within reasonable distance of N1 only.
      EDIT
      So, I made a new demo video for the bass - reason being that I had not been playing much bass guitar when I made the last one, so my plucking fingers had gone a bit soft and I don't think I was getting as a good a sound as usual. I have been playing much more the last couple of weeks (mainly on my P bass), so my fingers have toughened up a bit.
      Also, this time I went through the DI on my Markbass 121 combo - EQ all flat, no filters applied on amp, just a bit of a bass boost on the Xotic's preamp, and tiny bit of compression applied in Logic. Apologies for the naff slapping at the end!

Sales_Receipt_5909_from_The_Bass_Gallery.pdf
    • By foxtrott
      The bass is in good condition, technically tiptop, with usual optical used tracks (on the back of the body) and on the top plate smaller things, which I captured in the photos as best as possible.
      *now 2.500 € for a straight sale*
      The tone and response is extremely direct and resonant. The playability very comfortable.
      Shipping is possible in a sturdy and very good case. https://www.protectionracket.com/products/item/bass-guitar-case-std
      Here are some soundfiles, recorded at home.
      Fingerstyle

Slap

Specs: 2006 Jerzy Drozd Obsession Excellency 6 Strings 35" Scale 24 Frets Etimoe Body Zebrawood Top 3 Piece Maple Neck 7 Screws Bolt-on Maple Neck Ebony Fretboard Matching Headstock Two pieces Jerzy Drozd Bridge Two Jerzy Drozd Single Coils Pickup Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp 18mm strings spacing, possible to up to 19mm or down to 16.5mm. 9mm at nut Ebony Nut Asymetrical D Neck Controls : Volume/Blend/Bass/Medium 400hz or 800hz/Treble Trussrod : One double-acting fully working Weight : 4.4kg Machine heads : Gotoh Controls Knobs : Wood, maple and Zebrawood.