Why become a member? ×

ESSENTIAL BASSLINES TO LEARN: DAWN PATROL

Jaime Tortosa

I have a Youtube project, where I can show the world the essential basslines everybody needs to learn (or at least  to know). I have just uploaded the cover of one great basssline, reallly groovy, alled Dawn Patrol. If you want you can watch it, and tell me if you liked it. YOu can also comment which basslines you consider to be essential. And of course, if you liked, consider to subscribe, beacause there will be more to come. 

ESSENTIAL METAL BASSLINES TO LEARN-2. DAWN PATROL COVER. This is a song written by David Ellefson and Dave Mustaine from Megadeth. It appeared on the 1990's album Rust in Peace. I have recorded new bass guitar and programmed the drums, so it sounds better. The voice track is the original Dave Mustaine's voice. The lyrics show a world that is getting really polluted and that will cause the progressive deterioration of human health to the point that we'll live like moles. The listener realise that there is no salvation to our world and to human being. That could be related to the actual global warming and constant antropic pollution that may cause our end as a species. Apart from that, in the year the song was written (between 1989 and 1890) that could also be related to the constant pollution of nuclear tests in the context of the Cold War. The war was about to finish, but a lot of nuclear tests were already done. David Ellefson explains that he wrote the bassline playing one of Jimmy Bain's basses (player from Rainbow, Dio, Wild Horses, Phyl Lynott...). For him, every instrument has music hidden inside, that is waiting for the musician to play it.