Why become a member? ×

ESP

BrunoBass

Any love for ESP basses around these parts? They’re rarely mentioned here, but I’m intrigued as to what people thoughts are. 

I must admit to having always dismissed them as a brand, thinking they only made ‘metal’ basses a la BC Rich. But having stumbled across some very cool looking, more traditional type basses my interest has been piqued. I haven’t had GAS for anything for a while but I fear that might be about to change...

6C751E55-60E8-4C87-9689-DAD63F126F48.jpeg

7410AA2A-CCA8-4DB8-866B-FC36144BC26E.jpeg

D9BF0FD6-299C-41C8-AB70-DE684EFBE455.jpeg

6DABB35E-2881-41E1-8E5D-BDC57BC6537C.jpeg

2 hours ago, BassBus said:

Brilliant basses to play. I originally bought the fretless version of fleabag's bass and was so happy with it. When I switched to five string I bought the fiver version. 

Mine is the fretless version  :)

I have an 8 string bass the ESP/LTD B-208FM that I use for my Pearl Jam tribute. I upgraded the pickups and preamp (because I wanted to, not that I needed to), rest is stock. GREAT bass. Best bang for the buck I have had in a long while. I recently tried a Frank Bello LTD (not the ESP Custom Shop), also incredible value. Some look a bit "rocky", but you cannot deny they sound excellent and have really playable necks.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EliasMooseblaster said:

Oh, crap. Those SG-style basses might actually fit the spec for the "ideal" bass I had in mind: SG shape with a T-bird pickup configuration. Anyone know if they're neck-through? 'Cause if they are, my wallet could be in trouble...

The standard ESP Viper bass has a bolt-on neck. However if you go through all the Signature Models you'll probably find someone who has a neck through version.

I got one of the Surveyors and it is not leaving any time soon, what a well made and versatile bass. I love how it plays and the B string is just Thunder from the Gods.

esp-ltd-surveyor-5-sw-snow-white-maple-3

Love it Love it Love it.

I like the H series too, wouldn't mind one of those too

Xlarge

Edited by Mcgiver69
  • Like 2

Just now, Mcgiver69 said:

I got one of the Surveyors and it is not leaving any time soon, what a well made and versatile bass. I love how it plays and the B string is just Thunder from the Gods.

Love it Love it Love it.

I like the H series too, wouldn't mind one of those too

Xlarge

I’m sure esp did these as C series in about 2004