Why become a member? ×

What the **** is this?

EBS_freak

1 hour ago, bassjim said:

Very "look at me I'm so hyper intelligent and above it all and express myself in a way that only the very few also hyper intelligent arty people would get". That's a  meeeowwwww from me Simon!

Thats what I got out of it anyway. Best of luck to em but not something that inspires me to even want to try and understand the artyness of it. Its simply way beyond my understanding. I dont even want to understand it.

By comparison I liked the Cradle of Filth. Not normally my cup of tea but side by side the Cradle wins my ears. I get the Cradles angle completely and I'm sure there's a humour side to it too? Good players too. If that's your bag.

Hey Jim, we can be dumbasses together. I'm with you, its pretentious twaddle with possibly the elitist underlying message of "operating at a level that mere mortals cannot fathom". If they are getting people to listen to their stuff, then congrats to them. I certainly wouldn't be changing any plans to go and see them.

• Haha 1

I had a listen to the first video. In places it was interesting enough. Pretty much in the vein of the experimental stuff that we saw being done in the 60's. Lol Coxhill was great at getting hitherto unknown sounds out of his sax.

At least these guys are out there gigging. Sounds like they had a bigger audience than on some of the gigs I've done.

Good on them.

• Like 2

On 15/07/2018 at 14:03, EBS_freak said:

Careful... not too much of this stuff, we'll have to chisel BassTractor out of their chair.

I was once asked to join a band with Danny Filth. I have the original demos on my computer still. 

5 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

Shut up, Meg!

That's odd. - I thought that would be big news. There seems to be an absence of a certain ornithological piece. A headline regarding mass awareness of a certain avian variety....

S'funny how anything different is dismissed as "elitist twaddle" rather than just "don't like it".

Do they want vinegar or mayo with those chips? 😀 

Saying that, I've got my 1st jam next week in a "rock project" with a drummer who played with Evan Parker, Paul Dunmall etc - perhaps I'll start us off with. Nice blues in E...

• Like 1

I met and chatted with Lol Coxhill many, many years ago (mid-'70s). Newcastle upon Tyne. Lovely bloke as I recall - surprisingly down-to-earth given the music he was playing.

He did have a bizarre walk-on routine at the time though, which consisted of bounding joyfully onstage and deliberately falling flat on his face. Well that's how I remember it anyway. :/