Why become a member? ×

[SOLD] Double bass hard case (50 quid or best offer)
£50

Hello everyone! 

For sale is my trusty double bass hard case.

Don't know what make it is. A small label on it says 4/4, however the case is suitable for a standard 3/4 bass as well (shown on pictures for reference - it's not excessively loose inside or anything). It's in a very good condition (especially for the price) and offers excellent protection. 

There are signs of normal wear on the wheels (see pictures), but it's nothing to worry about. The backside has an unnoticeable crack inside the styrofoam, which doesn't prevent the case from serving its purpose whatsoever. You would hardly spot it, but I wouldn't sleep well at night if I hadn't mentioned it. As for the origins of the crack, I can confirm, the case is not suitable for pretending it's a sarcophagus.

I'm selling it for so little because I got it really cheap myself and am not looking to make any profit. I'm moving soon and simply prefer to have one less thing to lug arimageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55aimageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55aound.

The case can be collected in Edinburgh (EH7).

Cheers!

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/p1AcYGMYMfM84XAw6

IMG_20180714_212719667_LL.jpg

Edited by shamrock198804

1 hour ago, Hellzero said:

Fine, can you give me the approximative, knowing that it's not angled, inside height ?

It's approximately 190 cm. There's also an additional ~9 cm cutaway at the bottom for your end pin.

Edited by shamrock198804

No problem at all!

The bottom bigger half is ~17 cm deep, plus another ~7 cm of the top lid. This doesn't include the cutaway space for bridge and strings. I measured it next to where the bout would be (check pic).

Also, note that the case isn't perfectly flat, it's a bit convex on the inside (by design that is!).

Hope this helps, feel free to ask more!

IMG_20180714_212822940_LL_w.jpg