Why become a member? ×

Build your own hovercraft

T-Bay

I have a full set of plans and instructions to build an Eagle 1 hovercraft from ply and fibreglass. Engine options include a lot of single cylinder ones and even a 2 cv. I made one myself about 15 years back and they comfortably take 2 but are more fun with one. Easy build for anyone with decent DIY skills. Free to collect or cover post and they are yours.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/07/2018 at 16:07, T-Bay said:

I have a full set of plans and instructions to build an Eagle 1 hovercraft from ply and fibreglass. Engine options include a lot of single cylinder ones and even a 2 cv. I made one myself about 15 years back and they comfortably take 2 but are more fun with one. Easy build for anyone with decent DIY skills. Free to collect or cover post and they are yours.

Any pics ?  I would love a hovercraft !

Do a search for Eagle 1 hovercraft and loads of pics come up. All my pics are on old fashioned film unfortunately. They are a great and cheap way to get into hovercraft. You could build one for £300-800 depending on your DIY skills. Nothing is complicated at all. It took me about 120 hours in total but I bought a ready cut skirt. To make your own skirt would add another twenty hours at a guess.

Edited by T-Bay
  • Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic