Why become a member? ×

*WITHDRAWN* Music Man Old Smoothie StingRay - Chocoburst
£1800

Chiliwailer

Update - withdrawn again for a 3rd time! 🙄🤣

This thread is becoming a bit of a joke, this bass has been withdrawn twice before and is now relisted again, it’s not easy to let go of!

Ltd Edition in this colour, made for 2016 only and now discontinued. It’s based on a prototype Leo Fender made for Sterling Ball and is the 40th Anniversary model (see YouTube video in my post below for more info). 

The pictures in the bright sunlight really show up the chocolate colour on the body horns, but blends into the sunbusrt in normal light, hence the difference in pictures.

These are very special basses, with an awesome neck and the preamp is voiced beautifully, literally smoother than a regular Stingray and with an amazing EQ, that has loads of bass and sweet highs. This bass oozes quality. 

It’s in excellent condition, not one issue. It’s wearing flatwound strings in the photos but the original rounds are now on it. 

Comes with the original hard case and shipping box. 

Weighs 4.275kg / 9.42lbs

No trades please, sale only  

Collection is much preferred, due to issues getting it to the courier.

Link to my feedback

BE6FA8B6-1273-4EAD-8925-C9F1C77184EF.thumb.jpeg.d9a8fec1bb0db4b5f11950ee759788ce.jpeg

866DDCD3-2636-4B3D-8A0B-96A8D67303C0.jpeg

CE0A4C9E-C7B9-45F2-8D0E-01F37E6B10E4.jpeg

08A15D6E-465B-4B37-9578-93E80EFF27FD.jpeg

4843F21E-AACF-45B8-A0F2-0BA82880EE45.jpeg

D1B7A62B-4C04-474F-97C8-7295F234AB6A.jpeg

A743EE67-1AEA-4064-B981-AE378DFF1DC9.jpeg

Edited by Chiliwailer

6 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

You could knock me over with a feather 😮

Yes, another in a long line of killer basses I’ve let go of, falling victim to my minimalistic urges.

One day I’ll learn that I just can’t handle owning more than 3 basses, but in the meantime it’s been fun owning them! 🤣

Edited by Chiliwailer
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Well, if you’ve got an itch that needs scratching 😀

Sadly, I already have a chocolate Smoothie and don’t have the CS you require or I would be on my way over.

Buy with confidence people. Top seller and a bloody nice bloke too 👊

Oooh, but you do have that Mk 3 Wal 😍

😬 another Smoothie on the forum ! Serious gas attack! 

Tried one at the gallery through a Tonehammer last year, it really is smoother than a smooth thing on a smooth day. Somehow I even sounded good playing it! 

Remortgage/refinance may have to occur

• Haha 1

• MB1 locked this topic
  • ped unlocked this topic
15 minutes ago, probonopublico said:

I've just bought a jazz off this gentleman and have never played such a well cared for and well set up instrument.  I can't put it down. 

Cheers Gus, really pleased to hear that all’s well with your Jazz. Nice one pal 👍

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, rhysyjob said:

I can hardly believe this is still for sale. A classic limited edition Stingray with vintage features but a few modern tweaks to the neck joint and truss rod adjuster. There’s a lot to like! 

I wonder if it's because I keep withdrawing it 🤔   🤣  Cheers 👍

9 hours ago, rodney72a said:

Top class offering from EBMM. The Chocolate Burst finish looks fantastic, very difficult to do it justice in a pic!

Absolutely, the pictures in the direct sunlight make the choco horns seem much more extreme. 

On 13/07/2018 at 16:24, Chiliwailer said:

Yes, another in a long line of killer basses I’ve let go of, falling victim to my minimalistic urges.

One day I’ll learn that I just can’t handle owning more than 3 basses, but in the meantime it’s been fun owning them! 🤣

Corrected - 

One day I’ll learn that I just can’t handle owning more than 2 basses, but in the meantime it’s been fun owning them!

Edited by Chiliwailer