Why become a member? ×

P bass with jazz neck

mik900

I'm interested in a cheapish bass with pbass body and a jazz neck with block inlays. Thinking of a Squire... Does  the classic vibe 70s P bass have a Jazz neck? The specs on a couple of sites give the nut width as 42? (Isn't this P bass nut width? I thought jazz was 38?) Any other basses that fit the bill? Thanks.

Depends how cheap you want it to be. I built exactly what you’re after from parts for less then £200. 

The latest Squire Affinity basses have a slimmer neck; not quite Jazz slim but still very manageable, less than £200 too. Impressive basses for the cost, if you can do without the block inlays.

7 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

The old Squier P-J Standards have a 38mm neck, here's mine:

P1040830.thumb.JPG.dc706bcf1feddcce87c0c74998291835.JPG

Come to think of it...  I've got one of these I'd be happy to sell. Except mine has a hand wound split coil pup and a Gotoh bridge. The original pup is low output.  The Jess Louerio pup packs a good sound.

Edited by Grangur

18 hours ago, mik900 said:

I'm interested in a cheapish bass with pbass body and a jazz neck with block inlays. Thinking of a Squire... Does  the classic vibe 70s P bass have a Jazz neck? The specs on a couple of sites give the nut width as 42? (Isn't this P bass nut width? I thought jazz was 38?) Any other basses that fit the bill? Thanks.

The VM PJ has a jazz neck. The CV has a P. If you're definitely wanting blocks then Sire perhaps.