Why become a member? ×

Hohner B2 Red
£220

Woodinblack

The arrival of the black B2V in these photos means that the red B2 next to it now needs to move on, i have too many basses and can't justify keeping both (and I don't play 4 strings really any more).

I have had this bass for a several years, it has been to every gig I have ever done, but not ever been played at a gig, it is just small and easy to put in the car as a backup. However, at an audition when playing my dingwall they said they liked the playing but hated the tone and did I have another bass, so I got this out, and got the gig, so it has earned me a bit.

It has a few dinks and scratches, it is in ok condition for its age (that said I have no idea what its age is). It is a passive one. 

Its always in tune and doesn't seem to be affected by anything, so it is a great backup or travel bass or main bass if you live on crowded stages.

Not really after any trades as I am trying to trim the herd, but although feel free to ask.

I can put it in a hohner gig bag, and if you want to pick it up from yeovil or meet somewhere in the south west, the new one came in a hard case so you could have that. Or I could post it.

Pictures - its the red one:

P1060251.thumb.jpg.4263669033dff7e1986b61a23241ae7e.jpgP1060253.thumb.jpg.6c4e4ab606cb6228bdc09f4877cada01.jpgP1060264.thumb.jpg.6d108b34d0b764da3c4a53b5676558ac.jpgP1060266.thumb.jpg.e7c781523d034f1868ddc3ee1b2271c1.jpgP1060261.thumb.jpg.f1abc509f101a67473d5d934c1dfcbae.jpg

• Like 1

These basses are phenomenal and a very very fair price.

I have a B2ADB and a B2 full passive, amazing beasts and my only bases in this weather to stay bang in tune.

Have a bump on me for a South West bretheren and GLWTS 

• 4 weeks later...

Slightly off topic but after last nights rehearsal and today’s severe back pain I’m considering one of these but will also need a five string - out of interest do you know the weight of your 5 string please? 

26 minutes ago, Raslee said:

Slightly off topic but after last nights rehearsal and today’s severe back pain I’m considering one of these but will also need a five string - out of interest do you know the weight of your 5 string please? 

its 7.4lb, which makes it 0.8lb more than the 4 string. obviously how much 1/5 of wood on the side of a neck takes!

16 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

its 7.4lb, which makes it 0.8lb more than the 4 string. obviously how much 1/5 of wood on the side of a neck takes!

Brilliant, thanks for quick and helpful reply - right, now to find one :)