Why become a member? ×

Hughes & Kettner, please enlighten me

isteen

Anyone knows this cab?
I have been offered to play with a band on that cab, but can’t find any information about it anywhere. I guess it might be a discontinued bass cabinet, but it could very well be good anyway.
Can anyone enlighten me a bit?

And their amps (Bassbase?), is that good?

It's a German company as far as I know, and it looks like they don't make bass cabs anymore

Not sure which model you're being offered the use of, but I played through one of these a little while ago.
CcogpNYW4AA6jd7.jpg
...in fact this very one.
The 1x15 was very deep and a touch boomy on stage, but the amp sounded great - loads of headroom, had the Zoot sounding very nice indeed.

Glad I don't have to carry it around though!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RichardH said:

Not sure which model you're being offered the use of, but I played through one of these a little while ago.
CcogpNYW4AA6jd7.jpg
...in fact this very one.
The 1x15 was very deep and a touch boomy on stage, but the amp sounded great - loads of headroom, had the Zoot sounding very nice indeed.

Glad I don't have to carry it around though!

I would have one of them again

H&K Bassbase gear is top quality; cabs, combos and amps.  The Bassbase 600 is a tank of an amp with the highest quality build.  Oddly I don't think the Bassbase range has been available for some years so the equipment won't be brand new... not necessarily a bad thing.  :)  Their BassKick range isn't quite of the same standard and though I've not tried the Quantum range, I'd trust Luke's observations.