Why become a member? ×

FS: Mesa Boogie 400+ REDUCED
£600

TheButler

Hello all, 

Amp has been serviced last week and is fully-working, sound great and ready to be a reliable feature in someone's (rather heavy) rig. 

Reduced to £650 - that might help subsidise the shipping costs! 

Edited by TheButler

3 hours ago, krispn said:

Hey my friend. Good to see you’re still kicking about. 

If you need someone to give this a road test just to make sure it’s all running smooth I’m happy to offer my services 😀

Do you have a cab that we could use? I'm all cabbed out! And yes, good to see you're still kicking about! 

12 hours ago, krispn said:

I’ve a cheeky 212 that might be worthy 👍🏽😀

Well, unless someone comes along and takes it from me in rapid time, that sounds grand. It'd be good to see you again!

And I really will get the pictures up today... 

Tested out today with a Tecamp 212 courtesy of our friend krispn. A very pleasant surprise that after blowing the cobwebs off it produced a very solid sound indeed. At first there was an issue with what sounded like something not having grounding/something loose i.e input jack. However, that stopped after 'playing about with it', however there is a definite rattle from what sounds like one of the pieces of metal that surrounds/retains the valve (my ignorance shows). 

I'm not going to increase the price, as this still clearly needs a going over but it's certainly in serviceable condition and still capable of doing what people love these amps to do! 

The video actually accentuates the rattle from the valves. Worth noting that it only rattles at low frequencies hence it's definitely a vibration issue rather than something more sinister. 

Oh and please ignore my child. She seems to think the speakon should be plugged into her shoe. 

• Like 1

I can verify that the amp sounded great once it realised it was meant to perform. The initial issues with the crackle sorted themselves out. It sounded like some simple input jack issue which I can imagine would be a simple solder fix...but I’m not a tech! 

The amp did sound great and the  eq worked really well in fine tuning the overall character. Actually a very powerful addition and worthy of the accolades. Oh and it’s smaller and lighter than I thought it would be  and it fitted perfectly on the M212

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

So this thing is fixed and it sounds massive! The basic eq works - the amount of low end on this thing!! -but that graphic really lets you dial in some specific frequencies. 

There is something special about an all valve amp. It’s not all in your head or folklore they do just sound great. This Mesa is relatively light in comparison to many valve heads and very easy to move due to the even weight distribution and the head case design. 

Having heard it before and after the service it’s now sounding like new and I had the pleasure of giving it a solid three hour workout yesterday and it was immense! 

Bit of valve amp history right here lads. Considering the price per watt it’s a great deal!