Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Epiphone Thunderbird Classic pro iv *Price reduced
£450

FinnDave

*SOLD*

Price reduced to £400, for this lovely bass which comes with Gotoh tuners and a Babicz bridge and Epiphone hard case.

This is my rather special Epiphone Thunderbird pro classic iv, the through-neck version with Gibson pick ups. This bass, in addition to being in perfect condition, has the added attractions of a Babizc full contact bridge, a significant and expensive improvement over the original, and a new set of Gotoh tuners. 

The bridge was on the bass when I bought it, but the tuners and current set of D'Addario nickel rounds were fitted and the bass set up by a local pro luthier, who was so impressed with the quality of this bass that he ordered one for himself. Alas, this one seems to have been a 'lucky bass' as it is well above the quality of most other Epiphones, good as they are. I bought this last year, and had bought a Gibson T bird just a few weeks before, and to be honest, this was the better bass. 

It is complete with an Epiphone hard case, and is an impressive instrument that can stand comparison with the very best around. I shall be sorry to let it go, but I need to cut down on the number of basses I am trying to squeeze into a small house.

Available to try through a decent amp and cab in my house between Abingdon and Witney in West Oxfordshire. I prefer not to risk damaging a bass this good by placing it at the mercy of the couriers. 

I someone were to offer a decent Ibanez six string (fretted) bass in trade/px for this, then I would definitely be interested. I already have an SR506, though...

*I will be travelling around a bit this Autumn, and can bring this with me for a buyer if it helps. I will be in the Wirral 17th/18th November, and in South Devon the weekend of the 8th/9th December  and can bring the bass with me if there is a buyer there.

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

Edited by FinnDave
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, Upper Heyford is about half an hour from us, I live over near Witney and have nothing in the diary for December 16th so assuming no one else jumps in and grabs it, it's all yours if you still want it. It does deserve a new home, I have lost interest in playing four string at the moment, all I play is my pair of Ibby sixes.

• 2 weeks later...