Why become a member? ×

Jocee's new EP released - myself on bass

Sibob

Hi all,

An artist I play for, Jocee, released her latest EP to a sold out Pizza Express Jazz in Soho last night.
Take a listen here:

The last album, Just Love, is also available on Spotify, plus CD & vinyl on her website here: http://www.joceesmusic.com/shop

For those who care:

Don't Say - Bass Collection Jive fretless with La Bella groundwound strings
Where On The Map - Lakland 55-01 (US Bartolini electronics) with La Bella White Gold Nylons
Not Wrong - Lakland 44-94 passive P/J (solo'd Precision pickup) with La Bella Gold Flats
Dancing In The Kitchen - Lakland 44-94 passive P/J (solo'd Precision pickup) with La Bella Gold Flats

All recorded DI into a Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB

Let me know what you think :)

Cheers
Si

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sibob said:

...Let me know what you think :)...

A spot of excellence going on there, methinks..? If I was to be really 'picky', I'd say that the vocals are a tad 'intense' for my general listening pleasure, better suited to live performance, perhaps, but that's really looking  hard for summit to criticise. Compositions..? Excellent (to judge from the snapshots linked...). Arrangements..? Excellent. Standard of playing ..? Excellent. Quality of recording-mixing..? Excellent. Bass..? Excellent. S'not flattery; s'excellent, is all. Good Stuff, well done all involved.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

A spot of excellence going on there, methinks..? If I was to be really 'picky', I'd say that the vocals are a tad 'intense' for my general listening pleasure, better suited to live performance, perhaps, but that's really looking  hard for summit to criticise. Compositions..? Excellent (to judge from the snapshots linked...). Arrangements..? Excellent. Standard of playing ..? Excellent. Quality of recording-mixing..? Excellent. Bass..? Excellent. S'not flattery; s'excellent, is all. Good Stuff, well done all involved.

Ah, didn’t realise it only played clips in that player. Oh well, If you have Spotify, you can click through and listen to the full versions obviously.

Thanks very much for the kind words, it’s a very fun project :)

Si