Why become a member? ×

Bassics Amplification and Effects

BassicsBod

Just to let you folks know that the first pedals from Malcolm Toft's Bassics have started to ship to UK retailers and have a are RRP of £199. They are made in small batches with loving care.

All Bassics pedals* and are road friendly …they have a unique feature in that they will work with any power supply from 9-18 volts, A.C. or D.C. and any polarity.  

We'd love to hear what Basschatters think.

Visit http://bassics.co.uk for more information

Bassics Cruncher Pedal

The Cruncher distortion pedal can be switched to 'hard' or 'soft', with the hard setting adding extra harmonics, and could become a favourite with guitar players as well as bass users.

Bassics Omni Pre

The Omni Pre preamp/bass switcher is just the right foot stomp to instantly change from one instrument to another, say from fretted to fretless, or upright. Heck, Malcolm Toft has even done the unthinkable and put in a mix switch to run both channels at the same time! RRP £199

Bassics Squeezer

The Squeezer compressor pedal is a studio quality VCA with a sound much like the revered dbx160. The controls allow the player to control the levels of drive, compression and overall gain. RRP £199

Bassics Tone Ranger

The Tone Ranger EQ pedal is a three band preamp with sweepable frequencies. The illuminated controls come in to their own on a dimly lit floor! RRP £199

*Excluding the daddy of them all, the BPA-01 Floor preamp which is AC powered only.

CRUNCHER PICTURE.jpg

OMNI PRE PICTURE.jpg

SQUEEZER PICTURE.jpg

TONE RANGER PICTURE.jpg

• Like 3

How about a demo of the BPA-1 preamp pedal?

Using this state of the art pre-amp into a power amplifier gives you the flexibility and modularity of a full rig with the controls at your feet.

Have a look at these videos and let us know what you think. Would you be interested in trying one? We'll see if we can get a demo unit for people to try. Let us know below... and please ask if you have any questions.

Full details about this unit are here

cut-out-BPA-1-FRONT-VIEW-WITH-LIGHTS-BEST-700x366.jpg.e2b0522cb9cddb06de954785ff3f7ff2.jpg

BPA1-Rear-1.thumb.jpg.4acae73e5bea62b6ca19f9cbfeab06d3.jpg

On 14/08/2018 at 09:16, Osiris said:

Cheers @Cuzzie.

I like the look of the Squeezer, I currently get great results from a digitally modelled dbx160 compressor so the Squeezer is really tempting.

@BassicsBod Does the BPA-1 use the same compression circuit as the Squeezer? 

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in replying. We have been busy this last week delivering our first line of amplifiers to retailers.

Yes, the BPA-1 has the same compressor as the Squeezer. It's designed to be run into the A900 power amp and function as a single unit, with absolute quality from point to point.

Tell you what - how would you like to try a Squeezer pedal? I'll have one sent to you to try, in return for a bit of a review. Afterwards, you can pass it on to another member. @ped can we get a list together?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BassicsBod said:

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in replying. We have been busy this last week delivering our first line of amplifiers to retailers.

Yes, the BPA-1 has the same compressor as the Squeezer. It's designed to be run into the A900 power amp and function as a single unit, with absolute quality from point to point.

Tell you what - how would you like to try a Squeezer pedal? I'll have one sent to you to try, in return for a bit of a review. Afterwards, you can pass it on to another member. @ped can we get a list together?

Thanks for reply.

Wow, yes please, I'd love to try the bass squeezer pedal. What a generous offer, thank you. :)

And I'd be more than happy to review it and report back my impressions too. 

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Just now, Osiris said:

Thanks for reply.

Wow, yes please, I'd love to try the bass squeezer pedal. What a generous offer, thank you. :)

And I'd be more than happy to review it and report back my impressions too. 

Thanks again!

Pretty cool! I'll send you a PM soon to facilitate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/08/2018 at 14:29, Osiris said:

Cheers @ped 👍

Just spoken to them and it's on it's way here; I'll give it a whirl then send it on to you if that' OK? Can you PM me your address and so forth, plus the name of someone who you know might like to try it next?

Cheers

ped

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ped said:

Just spoken to them and it's on it's way here; I'll give it a whirl then send it on to you if that' OK? Can you PM me your address and so forth, plus the name of someone who you know might like to try it next?

Cheers

ped

PM sent. Cheers :)

• ped locked this topic