Why become a member? ×

Need a favour from someone with Logic 9

dave_bass5

I know this is a long shot, but my band have just done a demo which I’m not happy with. We did it in logic 9 and I have all the files. I’m after getting a copy of the mixes without any bass. We are going back in to tidy this up but i want to try and do the bass parts again. I thought if i can get the bass removed from what we have it will be easer it to work things out. Our drummer was a bit off that day but it will be easier for me to re do my parts rather than him. 

Happy to pay soemthing for this. 

Cheers. 

Edited by dave_bass5

On 08/07/2018 at 20:20, lurksalot said:

I haven't got logic , but am I missing something here ? If you have all the files , does that mean each instrument has its own track , and of so can you not just ditch the bass one ? 

Well yes and no. I have the prue wave files and the Logic arrangement  files, but i cant open the latter. All i can do is try and figure out what Wav files are what, and create a new song mix in soemthing else. I tried but its a lot of guess work as the wav files are all mixed up, and not all complete tracks so its difficult knowing where to place them. 

On 08/07/2018 at 20:47, jensenmann said:

If I understand you right you´re looking for a remix with bass muted? You should be able to do this in Logic X, too. But if you don´t have any Logic at all then drop me a line, I can do that for you. 

Yes, all I’m after is to get the mixes, as they stand, but with no bass on them. I dont have a Mac so i cant open them in anything. 

Thanks for the offer, ill PM you now and send you a link to the folder in Dropbox if that’s ok.  No hurry and if you cant at least you tired. As i now have these files on a PC I’m not sure if that messes with file extensions etc.

34 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Well yes and no. I have the prue wave files and the Logic arrangement  files, but i cant open the latter. All i can do is try and figure out what Wav files are what, and create a new song mix in soemthing else. I tried but its a lot of guess work as the wav files are all mixed up, and not all complete tracks so its difficult knowing where to place them. 

If you insert all the wav files on a new track in a DAW don't they automatically embed themselves st the start ? 

If all the tracks were recorded simultaneously , surely if the start points are the same they should be very close ? 

I am just stabbing at this by the way :D

8 hours ago, lurksalot said:

If you insert all the wav files on a new track in a DAW don't they automatically embed themselves st the start ? 

If all the tracks were recorded simultaneously , surely if the start points are the same they should be very close ? 

I am just stabbing at this by the way :D

You would think that, and i did as well, but it’s a bit more long winded than that. 

• Thanks 1

Is there any reason why you can't to go back to the studio where you did the recordings and redo the bass parts there?

After all you are going to need someone to mix the songs again after the new bass has been tracked.

IME while transferring a project from one studio to another should be fairly straight forward so long as they both use the same DAW in practice it is usually much more complicated than that. I've had a go (in Logic as it happens) trying to transfer a project recorded in a commercial studio to my home setup so we could continue working on the tracks for free. Unfortunately it wasn't quite so simple.

The studio had used a lot of 3rd party plug-ins which I didn't own. and after spending the best part of a day trying to identify and track down all the missing plug-ins I had to admit defeat. For starters I was looking at having to spend at least £500 on plug-ins which were essential to getting the project sounding like the last rough mix we had, but more importantly there were a few plug-ins that were not available at all because the company(s) producing them had stopped trading and hadn't made them available for free before going out of business. 

I the end we went back into the studio with a budget cap of 50% of the cost of buying all the missing plug-ins and got the job done properly long before we had spent all the money.

23 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Right it all makes sense now. Sorry for being so dense!

No problem. As it turns out it was good move, as ive found 3 patches in my Zoom B3n that will bring everything to life. Even just recording them in Garage Band on my Ipad Pro has made a big difference. This is what happens when your drummer hasn't a clue. Im having to go back and play less strictly to cover up his timing issues.

21 hours ago, fiatcoupe432 said:

hi mate contact roman_sub . he is the man !!!!!

All sorted, thanks anyway.