Why become a member? ×

EQ Pedal recommendations

fretmeister

I'd like to find a good EQ pedal that I can use to instantly engage Slap Tone (TM).

I used to have a Boss EQ20 which was very good for that, but it's no longer available and the reasonably priced used ones seem to be in very used condition.

I don't want to spend Empress money and I don't want any hiss but other than that, anyone got any ideas?

ta

The GEQ or para EQ on the Zoom MS-60B both work well; the pedal is around £50 second hand and does a ton of stuff besides. If you get, make sure to get the free Tone Lib editor which makes editing patches a doddle and fun.

Out of interest, why not use the EQ options on your  Helix (which I presume it has in abundance)?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

The GEQ or para EQ on the Zoom MS-60B both work well; the pedal is around £50 second hand and does a ton of stuff besides. If you get, make sure to get the free Tone Lib editor which makes editing patches a doddle and fun.

Out of interest, why not use the EQ options on your  Helix (which I presume it has in abundance)?

It's for when I can't take my rack. I'm not lugging that about for the music trust I'm playing with - room & ensemble changes every 40 mins. Not a chance!

It's for my small board that I take for that sort of thing.

Yup the full fat Helix is a bit of a beast to lug about: our dep guitarist has one and it's surprisingly heavy! On the plus side he's put in the time and effort to work out at a dedicated patch for each song in our set list and can chop and change order effortlessly; it's eliminated "dead air time" between set numbers which has been brilliant.