Why become a member? ×

For sale or trade  Genzler Magellan 800 amp head. Versatile 2 channel amp. 3 band eq, 2 filter circuits. Does 2.66 ohm output so can be used with 3 8 ohm cabinets (or one 8 and one 4 ohm) Excellent condition. Comes with non Genzler gig bag.

Photos to follow ASAP

Would happily consider trade for a Mesa Boogie subway d800 ,d800  plus  Can add cash for the right trade

Edited by waveydavy

I've had both (I went from a Streamliner to the Magellan), and the newer power module in the Magellan (and the Mesa D800, and a couple of other newer Class D heads) has an even bigger presence than the Streamliner. It's also very versatile with the two channels. It's a great amp - I only sold mine because we moved to DI/In-ears in my main (function) band...of all the Class D heads I've had (over a dozen different models) this is my favourite.

7 hours ago, Muzz said:

I've had both (I went from a Streamliner to the Magellan), and the newer power module in the Magellan (and the Mesa D800, and a couple of other newer Class D heads) has an even bigger presence than the Streamliner. It's also very versatile with the two channels. It's a great amp - I only sold mine because we moved to DI/In-ears in my main (function) band...of all the Class D heads I've had (over a dozen different models) this is my favourite.

Me too, Genz 600 in my GAS days ( do they ever end?) and currently the Genzler 800. I find it easy to get ( what I consider to be) a good sound, lovin’ the ‘dirty’ circuit it sounds good with fretted and Fretless. Asked the question about running into 2 Ohms on their www and got a reply from Mr himself, don’t wind the Gain up too much and it will cope, was the answer. That’s a 4 (8 Ohm) Cab Rig if you want.. I’ve run mine with three C4’s, I’m a fan. 

Something worth considering, maybe, I initially bought an Aguilar AG 700 from BD, binned it in favour of the Genzler, no issues with changing either.