Why become a member? ×

Heat and setups

fretmeister

The Vigiers never move. The Sadowskys need an adjustment now and then, which is easy given the truss rod wheel. The Fender Precision rarely needs set up, once a year at the most.

The Gibson EB3 is impossible to set up at the best of times, so heat and humidity rarely make any noticeable difference to how badly it is set up. 

Edited by thodrik

4 USA Fenders and 1 MIJ here, was worried about the heat but no movement whatsoever from any of them. The neck on my 83 Precision hasn’t moved since I first got it in 2010, I think it might be made of stone. (which would explain the immense weight)

• Haha 1

The neck on my MIM P was like a banana the other day. After a bit of a tweak its now OK again, but I have moved my guitars from the upstairs storage room to the slightly cooler living room. Mrs Hobbayne is none too pleased. 😂

I can't say that there has been any change in any of my basses, despite the awful humidity and high temperatures on seemingly alternating days. My Bogart I would expect to be fine, but its my wooden basses that suprised me. My Pedulla Pentabuzz, my Ibanez SR3006 and my Cort Rithimic are all set up for very low action and haven't moved at all, despite the conditions! I keep a close eye on them in weather like this.