Why become a member? ×

This is not Andy Baxter!

Interesting.

I just checked his last 2 pages of sales and he's sold nothing above $60.  And despite his location being London, it seems all those sales are US $$$$

This guy is wrong.  Though i cant see where he's posing as Andy Baxter.  The words Andy Baxter only appear in the title  ( i couldnt find anywhere else where AB is mentioned )

and maybe thats where the bass was bought from before.

But alarm bells are ringing.

It's a cloned listing. Can't find the same bass on AB's completed listings but it's perfectly obvious:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=andy baxter bass&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Speaking of Andy Baxter - can't really comment on all that Fender & Gibson so-whattery, but £725 for an Aria Pro TSB 400 is well beyond the realms of cloud-cuckoo batsh!t. :lol:

38 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Fraudster pretending to be Andy Baxter, they are getting even more devious, I have reported this to eBay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F392079274865

So did I  ,I think eBay should monitor more closely seems to be a weekly occurrence that eBay get hacked 

58 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Speaking of Andy Baxter - can't really comment on all that Fender & Gibson so-whattery, but £725 for an Aria Pro TSB 400 is well beyond the realms of cloud-cuckoo batsh!t. :lol:

Reminds me of that German outlet shop on Ebay. Every bass listed is way over priced

Just took a look and I must admit, there is something wrong as this bass is advertised 4 times by the same seller in 4 different locations, just like everything else advertised : https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=hjleners&_osacat=4713&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.X1966.TRS0&_nkw=1966&_sacat=4713

I knew that eBay wasn't in good financial health, but there is also no more control at all. Bankruptcy is close.

This is the same account hacker or hackers. They’re a bit obvious as when you go to the listing details they always ask you if you are ready for a deal and if so to email so as to complete the deal off eBay. The email is always the same but the eBay seller ID is different (as the account is has been hacked) but all the listings are similar in content.

It seems eBay are relying on the punters like us to inform them of bogus listings. I keep reporting them when they crop up - so should all of us.

When I spot another I’ll post a pic of the typical ad content so we can continue to serve the public with our vigilantism!!!!! Hope we don’t report any genuine ones along the way. I’d hate to miss a genuine 62 P bass with a buy it now of £999.

@vinorange have seen a few of these crop up - in particular a 5-string Steinberger for £1.32... craazy deal :D  Initially couldn't find a way of reporting - the eBay help docs talked about a button that didn't exist. So I tried bidding on the item and it soon disappeared - obviously the person putting these up doesn't want to sell on eBay so any bids kinda ruin the plan. I eventually found a rather long winded way to report but the item didn't disappear... so bidding seemed to do the job when the official channels failed.

It’s easy to report the item to eBay.

open up the item, check for that dodgy advert type I mentioned above and the in the top right corner there are 3 dots next to the shopping basket. Click the 3 dots and one of the options from the drop down menu is to report the item to eBay. I choose “listing practices, fraudulent activity and you suspect the item is fraudulent” and submit. The window looks like the pic below.

C7E4B9EE-41C1-45AC-AB4A-CE50155FCC88.thumb.png.4cb2c4f95eea2c098b6148bed1646743.png