Why become a member? ×

Who needs woodworking tools.....

.....when you can just use a shovel instead?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-distressed-cello-bass-guitar/273342006959?hash=item3fa47406af:g:Py0AAOSw3qdbP8pr

s-l1600.jpg

This guy's efforts crop up on my local searches, he's been butchering instruments for years to make his "customs", I think he used to use a different account. He has a history of making shocking EUBs by ruining cheap starter basses and I seem to remember at some point he was selling condoms which were past their use by date, justified with his claim that he used them himself. Ewwwwwwwww......

Shame it looks like the idiot's murdered a perfectly decent bass to make this grotesque lump of functionless congealed sick. The neck - & likely the other hardware - is from a Maison RB series fretless. Perfectly nice, well-made SGC Nanyo clone, I once spent a peasant drunken evening at a dull party noodling aimlessly on one. Would happily have taken it home with me.

To be fair, Clear Tone Instruments has had the monopoly on selling sub standard guitars and basses on ebay for too long. About time there was a bit of unhealthy competition out there. You never know he might even include a free sample of that sh*te he must be snorting .. plus a free brass nut upgrade.

Edited by Bleat

1 hour ago, yorks5stringer said:

I like the fact he has mock- stone wallpaper, which seems kinda apt....

I played a pub a couple of weeks ago which was entirely papered with 'red brick'.

I wouldn't have minded so much, only it was an 18th century building ...

A few decades ago, I had a neighbour who wanted help with the refection of an old fireplace, the surround of which had been papered over with 'rustic brick' wallpaper. Once it was stripped away, the underlying real rustic bricks became apparent. :lol: Some folks are just simply odd. 9_9

7 hours ago, Bassassin said:

Nah - it's from a Maison - a decent 90s Korean-made Nanyo clone. Still a bloody waste.

maison-rb-series-168441.jpg

Good spot (not that I'd expect anything less!), I thought it was a Shine neck going off the headstock shape. That purple Maison looks great, I seriously hope he didn't butcher a complete working bass to make that monstrosity, although something tells me he probably did.

I seem to remember a while ago he went through stages of making "customs" out of cheap Vintage basses, turning them into 3 strings, ripping all the controls out (putting duct tape over the holes) and wiring them straight to the 1/4" jack, reshaping headstocks (badly) and giving them horrid amateur motorcycle tank paint jobs. Like there's a huge market for that sort of thing. Then he did a few mock EUBs again made from cheap basses with the bodies hacked up and metal rods shoved up where the strap pin used to be, these usually started off at silly prices and gradually got lower until he took them off eBay when they still didn't sell.

Although MDP gets a bit of stick at least he'll be selling instruments that play ok and aren't butchered, they can all be put right with a little bit of money and time. This guy is borderline insane.