Why become a member? ×

The Pain of a Paisely Pink P-bass

kodiakblair

@fleabag

Sent an email to the hydrographic place in Kilmarnock before I started, plan was paisely print over the fiery red PB-50 . They never bothered to reply,not a good sign. Forbye that the red ones have the same hole under the scratchplate, so there's that and bridge/scratchplate screw holes to fill and colour match .

5 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

I should've cast the net further afield. Hydro-dip Designs in Weston Super Mare include guitars in their price guide...

Wow, looks good. Are you going to go for it? £40 for a 'scratchplate' might be worth it, IF a convincing tort is possible.

Edited by discreet

17 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

@fleabag

I should've cast the net further afield. Hydro-dip Designs in Weston Super Mare include guitars in their price guide 😎

It does say on their page 'closed for the foreseeable future', which might not be so promising.

The local guitar shop to me does that too though. Would be good if they did it to your own design, but it is just premade stuff. However, the results do look very good in person.

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

It does say on their page 'closed for the foreseeable future', which might not be so promising.

The local guitar shop to me does that too though. Would be good if they did it to your own design, but it is just premade stuff. However, the results do look very good in person.

Rats !!! Plenty others though 😎This mob quote guitars from £75.

https://vitalhydrographic.co.uk/hydro-dipping-prices/

• 1 month later...

I got no joy with any of the hydro-dip folks I contacted nor from a local guy who does guitar finishes. Guess Paisley pink is too much for them ☹️

Undeterred I bought another Axe Decal skin.Still failed to get the skin round the edges 🤬I built up 5 coats of boat varnish round the edges and sanded out the skin to wood join 👍Went too far with the pink burst so removed it but the bass really looks better with a burst.

4th or 5th,maybe 6th, attempt at the burst it reacted with something and wrinkled 🤬 Sod it, the wrinkles are in heavy wear areas so I didn't clear coat them too heavy,it'll relic soon enough 😎

The 51 split-coil from Jess Louerio sounds fantastic wired in series,intonation is within 1 or 2 %. Not bad with a 2 saddle bridge 👍The chromes are on the shoogly peg 😉

P-basses.jpg

• Like 4