• EQ with grunt, snark and clang pre-set EQ switch-ins
  • Wet/dry signal mix
  • Dual channel distortion;
  • Cab sim
  • Compression
  • Headphones
  • Recording interface
  • Tuner

Why is this not a thing? Make it a thing! Take my money - I'd pay b-gillions (Euros)

I don’t know, the a major part of why the DP-3X is such a hit is due to the fact it compresses the lows and distorts the top. I think Doug would want to compete with this particular unit and offer the same feature, that’s what I would do anyway!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fretmeister said:

The X units are Multiband distortions.

I doubt they'll have compression built in - especially as they are having to discontinue the Super Symmetry. 

Why are they 'having' to discontinue their 'Super Symmetry'?

There's a global shortage in PCB components, many manufacturers are discontinuing components or moving them to make to order with long (6-18 month) lead times and large batch sizes.

It wouldn't surprise me if there is a part an outfit the size of Darkglass would struggle to get at an economic price.

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet - but Doug did put an FB post up the other day saying Alex Webster had been in testing "new creations" and that a video would follow soon.

If they've got Webster doing the testing it's not going to be anything other than a drive of some sort. I never liked his band, but ye gods he can play!

So it's likely to be another take on the massive dirt sound if it's being tested by Cannibal Corpse!! I was wondering if they might do a new range covering low gain to high gain say three different pedals in a new range.

Be interesting to see what the feature set is and no doubt some cra cra pricing!

Judging by facebook and Instagram I think they are multi-band versions of the existing pedals.

Multiband drive can be excellent - I've done it before using various hard cut EQ systems - but it can also be a right faff to get right.

I used to run no drive on lows, tons on the mids, and a little on the highs. And it took months to get it right.

And TBH the B*K and VMT series are already low to high gain. The drive can be so low as to not be noticeable, all the way up to mental.

I'm actually using my AO as an almost clean preamp at the moment - sounds brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Kev said:

You just wait until you see what is coming, all very exciting stuff :D

Interesting. However..... If this is another distortion pedal with no presets that costs £350, then not really so interesting.

I honestly think Darkglass are totally missing a trick with this omission of functionality. Just my opinion though. We shall see what transpires.

Presets for analogue pedals is definitely the next useful innovation. Will make life for gigging bassists a lot easier being able to instantly recall a few favourite settings, rather than needing to tweak on the fly and remembering exactly which combination of settings work best on a poorly lit floor... 

Chase Bliss have stolen a march. Time for the rest of the leading edge pack to catch up. 

5 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Chase Bliss have stolen a march. Time for the rest of the leading edge pack to catch up. 

Their stuff only allows for cv control via the parameters selected by dip switches on the front of the pedal. I'm talking about presets which recall all the knob positions.

There's a few examples though my Tech21 PSA 1.1 is brilliant for that reason. The original version came out in 1989 I think so the ideas I'm talking about are nothing new. Try selling a decent delay pedal without midi patches. In the main it's not adopted by distortions, but kind of has to by delays. Modulations slightly less, but it depends on what you require.