Why become a member? ×

Grosmann 6 string bass SOLD
£950

tomuks79

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you have a phone with a camera, then you could record a short video with sound for us to be able to hear and see this bass. The Spec is good, but the brand 'Grossman' is not very well known so people may not want to risk something that is not known. I have played many basses that are not well known, but are very good indeed, the spec of this suggests it will be good, I think a short video from your phone might help! :) 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Bought this a couple of months ago and received it only last week due to covid lockdown.

Well, that's a surprise, and not a very good one...

The 12th fret indication (double dot) along the neck is oddly present at the 9th fret, and this is really extremely disturbing when playing (playing a 6 string is already somewhat challenging).

I cannot understand how a luthier distributed now through bassdirect can make such an error, and I cannot understand how a professional player selling this bass did not even mention it (not even a hidden defect!).

I've contacted both via basschat to try and solve that issue: the seller tomuks79 did not even reply, and Christian (from Grosmann) has a "banned" status here now, so let's see how this will be handled...

Just wanted to share here that poor experience 😞

Edited by pilitdeparis

Just to play devils advocate, this bass was made probably 3 years or so before Bass Direct sold Grossman basses, and from what I can see they are selling one Grossman basss commissioned by themselves so I'm not sure where the link is between the defect on this bass and Bass Direct unless it's just to try and get in contact with Christian through Bass Direct. 

I would also be surprised if after speaking to Grossman that they had anything to say about this as A: it may have been a customer request or B: it might have been sold with the defect mentioned.

I would think your best bet is to speak to the seller and understand why the 'defect' wasn't mentioned or shown in the advert. 

Realistically, IF the bass is a quality bass in all other areas, IF it sounds and plays well and has been built well (bar this issue) then there are a number of cheap ways you can mod the bass to be 'correct' from using a dot of black nail varnish (assuming the dots are black) to make the 12th more noticeable (maybe 3 dots?) or speaking to a luthier about professionally dealing with this, perhaps the seller would refund a small amount to allow this to happen. 

Just a few thoughts! 

58 minutes ago, pilitdeparis said:

Bought this a couple of months ago and received it only last week due to covid lockdown.

Well, that's a surprise, and not a very good one...

The 12th fret indication (double dot) along the neck is oddly present at the 9th fret, and this is really extremely disturbing when playing (playing a 6 string is already somewhat challenging).

I cannot understand how a luthier distributed now through bassdirect can make such an error, and I cannot understand how a professional player selling this bass did not even mention it (not even a hidden defect!).

I've contacted both via basschat to try and solve that issue: the seller tomuks79 did not even reply, and Christian (from Grosmann) has a "banned" status here now, so let's see how this will be handled...

Just wanted to share here that poor experience 😞

Hopefully you paid using PayPal so just put in a claim for goods not as described. I’ll chase the seller my end and restrict his account until he replies to you, if it helps. Yes the user Christian was banned for lying about being involved with the company (it was pretty obvious to us all that he was the owner no less). Says it all.