Why become a member? ×

As I’ve been discussing with a few others, here’s a page for us to share Source Audio presets we’ve created.

I’d suggest that each post’s title should include the pedals used in the preset. The body should include links to the files and a description of bass/other pedal settings used.

@Jonathan Bee @GisserD @Al Krow @radiophonic @BenR24

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

MANTA

I’ll kick things off with the following presets. I’ll add to these later and edit my post accordingly rather than creating a new reply each time.

All presets were created using a Fender American Standard Precision bass with 50-105 chromes unless otherwise specified.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Iq2WVztJXu0l5b7waB9T_Nr_pKrpfod4

1. Pre-Hub RH HW Preset 

You’ll need to run octave and fuzz (preferably in parallel) and adjust their volumes up or down until they open the filter to the desired degree. Then start mucking about with the Manta settings to taste. This preset doesn’t sound good with just the bass; you really need to feed it octave and fuzz for it to come alive.

2. Pre-Hub LH HW Preset

As above

3. Modified 0

A variation on the “Pre-Hub LH...”

Experiment using the tone control on your bass (it will affect output so you may need to tweak the volume to match the filter sweep). Also experiment with pickup configurations.

4. Foldover Multipeak 

Should be played with the tone wide open for best results. Again, you’ll need to play around with the volume level on your bass to get the sweep right. This was played without any external distortion as it messes it up. Experiment with and without octaver, preferably one on which you can dial in a non-subby tone on.

5. Use with solo octave down

Pretty self-explanatory. Again, adjust your volume to get the sweep to taste. I did this one on my Octo-Nøjs with the filter on half. The patch needs some higher harmonics for the resonance to come out properly, a really subby signal won’t work. I think this is one I programmed the expression pedal to bring in LFO; try it and see. Also, use in the Manta’s extended mode and scroll through some of the other filters, there are about three or four others which work really well leaving all other settings untouched, particularly the next one up from this one in the circle.

Edited by Quatschmacher

• 7 months later...

I finally figured out why my Manta presets were behaving erratically with my TouchOSC template - there were three presets which had CCs assigned instead of PCs. All sorted now. If you’ve used this, please download it again as I’ve updated the saved version (has the same number though).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aJBilCdrp1k6OpMm_dZkuOrNPUw6CiCX/view?usp=drivesdk

• 3 months later...

I'm bumping this for reasons of self interest. I need help. Since I can control the Manta using MIDI, I can run in 'post-ES5' and save myself a loop for my new EQ pedal. Thisi s a big advantage over a Moog MF101.  The catch is that try as I might, I can't get the Manta to sound close enough to the Moog. I'm just trying to get a smooth 4 pole sweep with the cut-off controlled by an expression pedal, which out to be straightforward I'd have thought. On the Moog, I set the minimum cutoff to about 50Hz, resonance ~ 7, mix 10 and 'amount' which I think is a sensitivity control for the envelope follower. Is there something obvious that I need to account for with the Manta? Part of it may be in the interaction between the envelope follower and the expression control I guess - since it's either/or on the Manta whereas the Moog is set manually. It feels more like the resonance though, the Moog can self oscillate wildly, but adds a lovely tone to the mwaaah, as you sweep the cutoff, whereas the Manta sound very hard to me. Lots of Manta users on there judging by the pedalboard thread, so what your approach to getting the big fat sweeping mwah. For context, the input source is either Mastotron/OC2 in parallel or Okto Nojs or a combination of the ON and the Mastotron, again in parallel.

5 minutes ago, radiophonic said:

I'm bumping this for reasons of self interest. I need help. Since I can control the Manta using MIDI, I can run in 'post-ES5' and save myself a loop for my new EQ pedal. Thisi s a big advantage over a Moog MF101.  The catch is that try as I might, I can't get the Manta to sound close enough to the Moog. I'm just trying to get a smooth 4 pole sweep with the cut-off controlled by an expression pedal, which out to be straightforward I'd have thought. On the Moog, I set the minimum cutoff to about 50Hz, resonance ~ 7, mix 10 and 'amount' which I think is a sensitivity control for the envelope follower. Is there something obvious that I need to account for with the Manta? Part of it may be in the interaction between the envelope follower and the expression control I guess - since it's either/or on the Manta whereas the Moog is set manually. It feels more like the resonance though, the Moog can self oscillate wildly, but adds a lovely tone to the mwaaah, as you sweep the cutoff, whereas the Manta sound very hard to me. Lots of Manta users on there judging by the pedalboard thread, so what your approach to getting the big fat sweeping mwah. For context, the input source is either Mastotron/OC2 in parallel or Okto Nojs or a combination of the ON and the Mastotron, again in parallel.

I’ve managed a very MF101 patch on my FI and will share later.