Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 (upgraded to NAD!)

Danuman

My trusty Eden is currently in the shop for a check-up, so I started contemplating a back-up... long story short, I’m courting one of these now...

Anything to watch out for? Any pitfalls?

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Danuman
Whoops, it’s a Shuttle, of course

I must admit I was interested in this head ‘cause I though it could do a slightly driven sound... Am I wrong about that? I love the Eden, but I sometimes wish it had some of that Motown-type grunt.

Do the 6.2 and 9.2 sound similar?

Cheers all! I’m going to check it out. It seems in fairly good nick, it’s a decent price and I’d really like a back-up.

Truth be told, I’d spring for a Magellan if I could justify spending that much. (Never seen one on the used market) Seems like a pretty good trade-off. :)

Well, it’s here. :)

I hadn’t expected for it to be this petite... Love the design though. And that slight bit of drive does seem to do the trick. Hopefully I’ll be able to try it out at volume tomorrow.

I noticed it only has the two speakon outputs; does anyone know if it’s safe to daisy chain two cabs from one of them?

35 minutes ago, Danuman said:

Well, it’s here. :)

I hadn’t expected for it to be this petite... Love the design though. And that slight bit of drive does seem to do the trick. Hopefully I’ll be able to try it out at volume tomorrow.

I noticed it only has the two speakon outputs; does anyone know if it’s safe to daisy chain two cabs from one of them?

Yes, that's how I did it with my Shuttle

• Thanks 1

Daisy chaining is no problem so long as you do not drop below 4 Ohms. "Only 2 Speakons"! Do you know a small head with more?

The Magellans will drive 2.67 Ohms - which in practice means 3 x 8 Ohm cabs.  

The Magellans are terrific little amps, and the 800 has a convincing drive channel. I stupidly sold mine because the 350 is powerful enough for our jazz big band. The 350 is actually perfect for my needs, but even so it was a daft decision.

Edited by DBerriff

Ah, yes I see what you mean. I didn’t mean only 2, I meant just speakon. The heavy duty speakons I have aren’t going to reach down to the bottom cab, and I can’t use any of my other cables.

Nice to know daisy chaining is ok! :)