Why become a member? ×

Marta Altesa

fleabag

This has nothing to do with being young, female and attractive. 

I am going to prove it by uploading a video to You boobs … errr I mean YouTube of me playing my best average renditions of "Sex On Fire" and "You Sexy Thing". I will be naked while I do this. I will be expecting a thread to start shortly afterwards,  commenting on what a seriously groovy player I am, and that it has absolutely nothing to do with me being a slightly below average looking white male in his mid 40's being naked. (I'm single by the way).

Edited by Bleat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, bubinga5 said:

The usual Marta thread always descends into pointless garbage. If she was fat and ugly this thread wouldn't even be here.

This thread would be here, because i posted it due to her abiilty on a bass. I never mentioned anything to do with her looks, or this ballacks about JK. I didnt even know about that story.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 05/07/2018 at 16:00, molan said:

She really didn’t - I’ve seen that story before and it’s not true. 

I’ve never seen her do anything other than to play over the top of stuff on YT. 

On 06/07/2018 at 14:42, Dan Dare said:

Oh Gawd. There are a load of these vid's on YouTube of cute (and sometimes scantily clad) young women playing along to tracks. The comments are full of drivel from the lustful and stupid about how wonderful they are, etc, etc. Look closely and you'll notice you often cannot see the jack on the instrument in many of them, which suggests it ain't even plugged in and that they are miming. All very contrived.

On 06/07/2018 at 15:00, EBS_freak said:

For all those wondering if she's actually playing, ask yourself this...

Since when has a Stingray had such a pronounced G string...? ;)

On 07/07/2018 at 19:23, molan said:

The majority of those pictures show someone who was a travelling guest of the band. That’s very different from ‘touring’ and actually playing with them. 

The only pic of her with a bass is one where she’s trying out Paul Turner’s rig. 

If she actually played with them you’d think she might have managed at least one pic with her on stage with the band and in front of an audience?

On 07/07/2018 at 20:07, mcnach said:

I have the feeling if she were your regular average dude playing his bass on youtube, nobody here would be claiming he's miming and that his bass was not even plugged in... :dash1:

Are we jealous that we're not as pretty as her, or as good players as she seems to be?

The beauty, we probably can't do much about... the other stuff, well, if you look around you probably find a wooden thing with a long stick with strings. Yes... that's a bass,, remember? Maybe spend some more regular quality time with it, and you will also get better.

On 07/07/2018 at 20:09, mcnach said:

ah, so you only question whether she 'toured' with them, not that she was invited to meet them and hang around etc?

Then I agree with you. I don't think she actually played in front of their audience, I don't think that was the deal.

On 07/07/2018 at 21:02, FDC484950 said:

I’ve seen those videos on YouTube and she can really play. Admittedly she’s playing along with the song but it sounds very tight, good phrasing and excellent feel. The Paul Young track on fretless sounds great too. I don’t think being mae or female really has anything to do it. Made me want to learn Don’t Give Hate A Chance by Jamiroquai (who aren’t my cup of tea at all normally). I used to play for a living and she plays the tune better than I can manage.

On 07/07/2018 at 21:23, Woodinblack said:

Same here, I slowed the video down on the  'were not so different anyway' fill, it too me ages to get that bit.

So if she is miming, she is miming well enough for me to learn how to play it by her finger positions!

On 07/07/2018 at 22:14, peteb said:

I don’t see what the problem is. The girl can obviously play and she is undoubtedly cute! She is certainly using her looks (in a pretty restrained way) to get attention for her bass playing. The same (on a much higher level) with Nita Strauss. There is no way she would be in Alice Cooper’s band if she didn’t look the way she does, but equally she would never have got the gig if she couldn’t hold her own playing wise!

But so what…

Ever since the beginning of rock and roll in the 50s, virtually every iconic male act has traded on their image, looks and sex appeal – be it Elvis, the Beatles, Guns N’Roses or hundreds of others. Why should a talented woman be castigated for taking advantage of their looks / image, when it is accepted that it is simply part of the package male artists usually need to be successful??

On 08/07/2018 at 06:43, Woodinblack said:

I haven't seen Marta doing it either.

I genuinely don't, I am genuinely just seeing you complaining that this woman is trading on her looks and miming.

WTF?? Now I am not allowed to have an avatar that I want because I am hiding behind a cartoon? I wasn't aware that someone had died and made you the avatar police. Maybe I am am concerned that people like you would think I am just trading on my good looks? :D

Check on her playing actual gig in some cafe or pub or bar.. She's sound great

• ped locked this topic