Why become a member? ×

Marta Altesa

fleabag

9 minutes ago, thepurpleblob said:

If we're going to be all sexist. Where she goes "Ooooh" along with the song as 1:29 😈

In the seconds before, her facial expressions give everything away. The fart. The wait. When it hits her nose... and then the dirty girl is secretly digging on it.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Yeh, women, how can they play stuff, they would be too distracted by kittens and handbags to learn a proper mans job 🙄

Talk about deliberately misunderstanding me. Find me a video of a woman playing (I concede that MA, if she plays the stuff on the vid', knows what she's about) who isn't eye candy that gets any attention. Oh, btw, I have daughter who is, among other things, a mountain bike instructor and triathlete. She could kick my and your @rse.

Edited by Dan Dare
None

1 hour ago, Dan Dare said:

Talk about deliberately misunderstanding me. Find me a video of a woman playing (I concede that MA, if she plays the stuff on the vid', knows what she's about) who isn't eye candy that gets any attention.

Umm.. lets think. Oh, I know, the woman that the thread was about! Fancy that, that was easy.

I know she had the audacity to be a woman, and not covered from head to toe in a hessian sheet (damn hussy) and more talented than probably the majority of people on the forum. Must be just because she is a girl though. Other women.. how about Nita Strauss on the guitar? No? Tal Wilkenfeld? No?

I know there are a lot of women on youtube that get interest because they are women, and I know the comments on youtube are awful, they are on all videos, its a type of madness to read the comments on a youtube video, but that is hardly the fault of the person on the video. It is the scum that mainly women have to put up with on youtube videos.

listen_to_yourself.png

• Like 3

On 05/07/2018 at 11:19, mcnach said:

I am not sure if she ever did play 'a gig', I thought it was more like she was invited to meet them and fumbled around embarrasingly at a sound check or something. 

Of course, this could just be an urban myth. . .

• Haha 1

I've no problems with her playing ; she's streets ahead of anything I could ever hope to do, so good luck to her. No, it's just difficult for me to take seriously any player, male or female, named 'Malteser'. :facepalm:

G3SJuV3.jpg

Edited by Dad3353

1 hour ago, Bolo said:

https://goo.gl/images/3NmvKP

If you check her Facebook you can see and read how she toured some South America with Jamiroquai.

literally one minute google.

The majority of those pictures show someone who was a travelling guest of the band. That’s very different from ‘touring’ and actually playing with them. 

The only pic of her with a bass is one where she’s trying out Paul Turner’s rig. 

If she actually played with them you’d think she might have managed at least one pic with her on stage with the band and in front of an audience?

34 minutes ago, molan said:

The majority of those pictures show someone who was a travelling guest of the band. That’s very different from ‘touring’ and actually playing with them. 

The only pic of her with a bass is one where she’s trying out Paul Turner’s rig. 

If she actually played with them you’d think she might have managed at least one pic with her on stage with the band and in front of an audience?

A bit like this?

Screenshot_2018-07-07-14-57-22.jpg

Edited by Bolo

14 hours ago, molan said:

Of course, this could just be an urban myth. . .

a very elaborate urban myth with pictures of her at a stage during allegedly a soundcheck for Jamiroquai, being very careful to make it look like a proper big donkey stage as they would have in a concert of that kind, with all the right equipment in view... and she could have been also photoshopped with the band... true, it could all be an urban myth, or we could just have an overpopulation of bitter grumpy old man in this forum ;)

edit: the prophanity filter cracks me up... "proper big donkey" :-D

Edited by mcnach

I have the feeling if she were your regular average dude playing his bass on youtube, nobody here would be claiming he's miming and that his bass was not even plugged in... :dash1:

Are we jealous that we're not as pretty as her, or as good players as she seems to be?

The beauty, we probably can't do much about... the other stuff, well, if you look around you probably find a wooden thing with a long stick with strings. Yes... that's a bass,, remember? Maybe spend some more regular quality time with it, and you will also get better.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, molan said:

ah, so you only question whether she 'toured' with them, not that she was invited to meet them and hang around etc?

Then I agree with you. I don't think she actually played in front of their audience, I don't think that was the deal.

I’ve seen those videos on YouTube and she can really play. Admittedly she’s playing along with the song but it sounds very tight, good phrasing and excellent feel. The Paul Young track on fretless sounds great too. I don’t think being mae or female really has anything to do it. Made me want to learn Don’t Give Hate A Chance by Jamiroquai (who aren’t my cup of tea at all normally). I used to play for a living and she plays the tune better than I can manage.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FDC484950 said:

Made me want to learn Don’t Give Hate A Chance by Jamiroquai (who aren’t my cup of tea at all normally). I used to play for a living and she plays the tune better than I can manage.

Same here, I slowed the video down on the  'were not so different anyway' fill, it too me ages to get that bit.

So if she is miming, she is miming well enough for me to learn how to play it by her finger positions!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

Talk about deliberately misunderstanding me. Find me a video of a woman playing (I concede that MA, if she plays the stuff on the vid', knows what she's about) who isn't eye candy that gets any attention. Oh, btw, I have daughter who is, among other things, a mountain bike instructor and triathlete. She could kick my and your @rse.

17 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Umm.. lets think. Oh, I know, the woman that the thread was about! Fancy that, that was easy.

I know she had the audacity to be a woman, and not covered from head to toe in a hessian sheet (damn hussy) and more talented than probably the majority of people on the forum. Must be just because she is a girl though. Other women.. how about Nita Strauss on the guitar? No? Tal Wilkenfeld? No?

I don’t see what the problem is. The girl can obviously play and she is undoubtedly cute! She is certainly using her looks (in a pretty restrained way) to get attention for her bass playing. The same (on a much higher level) with Nita Strauss. There is no way she would be in Alice Cooper’s band if she didn’t look the way she does, but equally she would never have got the gig if she couldn’t hold her own playing wise!

But so what…

Ever since the beginning of rock and roll in the 50s, virtually every iconic male act has traded on their image, looks and sex appeal – be it Elvis, the Beatles, Guns N’Roses or hundreds of others. Why should a talented woman be castigated for taking advantage of their looks / image, when it is accepted that it is simply part of the package male artists usually need to be successful??

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

I know there are a lot of women on youtube that get interest because they are women, and I know the comments on youtube are awful, they are on all videos, its a type of madness to read the comments on a youtube video, but that is hardly the fault of the person on the video. It is the scum that mainly women have to put up with on youtube videos.

listen_to_yourself.png

You're making my point. I haven't seen a YT vid of Tal W miming to a track. She behaves like a proper musician - lets her fingers do the talking and doesn't (despite the fact that she's rather gorgeous) trade on her looks or give it large to the camera. So drop the smug nonsense about "having the audacity to be a woman", etc, eh. You know very well that's not what I'm saying. Have the gumption to post a photo of yourself on your sig', too. Stop hiding behind a cartoon.

Edited by Dan Dare

10 hours ago, mcnach said:

ah, so you only question whether she 'toured' with them, not that she was invited to meet them and hang around etc?

Then I agree with you. I don't think she actually played in front of their audience, I don't think that was the deal.

Exactly - she did not ever play with the band. 

One soundcheck and that was it. How do I know this - I asked someone who was on the tour in a professional capacity. He had no reason to lie or distort the facts.

It’s patently obvious that this was the case anyway because there is not a single picture of her playing with the band other than ones at a soundcheck (and I don’t think any of these show JK). 

In the modern era, and given her YT profile, there would be loads of images and YT footage if Jamiroquai actually invited a fan on stage to play a song at a huge stadium. 

It doesn’t make the blindest difference whether she is male, female or something in between. Her FB profile ‘implies’ she played with them but the wording doesn’t actually say this directly. 

Anyone trying to pass off that they’ve played live on stage with a major band when they simply didn’t is, at best, unprofessional. 

It’s classic social media and forum stuff to perpetuate these stories without any attempt to check facts. Saying ‘Google it’ or referring to someone’s Facebook page and assuming it must be true is the typical approach but it’s not hard to work out the truth by using a bit of common sense. . .

7 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

You're making my point. I haven't seen a YT vid of Tal W miming to a track. She behaves like a proper musician - lets her fingers do the talking and doesn't (despite the fact that she's rather gorgeous) trade on her looks or give it large to the camera.

I haven't seen Marta doing it either.

So drop the smug nonsense about "having the audacity to be a woman", etc, eh. You know very well that's not what I'm saying.

I genuinely don't, I am genuinely just seeing you complaining that this woman is trading on her looks and miming.

Have the gumption to post a photo of yourself on your sig', too. Stop hiding behind a cartoon.

WTF?? Now I am not allowed to have an avatar that I want because I am hiding behind a cartoon? I wasn't aware that someone had died and made you the avatar police. Maybe I am am concerned that people like you would think I am just trading on my good looks? :D

• Like 1