Why become a member? ×

Marta Altesa

fleabag

Is this young lady talented. Dear cliff !

She's so petite, that 5 banger Ray looks bigger than she is, but it makes no difference. She knows her way round the fretboard, and with great timing.

I'd love some of the talent she has.  Hope she's in a band.   She would be utterly wasted if she was just a bedroom player

• Like 1

Crickey I haven’t seen these vids in years! Still holds up amongst even the more recent play though videos from other YouTubers. Great player who I believe moved to the UK some years ago but no idea if Marta is still on these shores. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bobthedog said:

She played at least one gig for JK

She really didn’t - I’ve seen that story before and it’s not true. 

I’ve never seen her do anything other than to play over the top of stuff on YT. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molan said:

She really didn’t - I’ve seen that story before and it’s not true. 

I’ve never seen her do anything other than to play over the top of stuff on YT. 

I am not sure if she ever did play 'a gig', I thought it was more like she was invited to meet them and played with them at a sound check or something. Maybe she did join in for a song or something? No idea. I remember seeing pictures of her with the band, and on stage during some tour in... South America somewhere? But I don't really remember many details. 

1 hour ago, mcnach said:

I am not sure if she ever did play 'a gig', I thought it was more like she was invited to meet them and played with them at a sound check or something. Maybe she did join in for a song or something? No idea. I remember seeing pictures of her with the band, and on stage during some tour in... South America somewhere? But I don't really remember many details. 

I too have seen pictures in the past and believe it was in Chile, although internet searches do not provide evidence.

Further, based on past performance of JK it would not suprise me. Approx 8 years ago, he used to be a semi active member of the Porsche Club UK. One late afternoon he posted on the club forum, the night of a gig in Edinburgh, asking if anyone knew of a musician who could step in that night. I rememember the post and thread, but cannot remember what the instrument was. 

Edited by Bobthedog

Oh Gawd. There are a load of these vid's on YouTube of cute (and sometimes scantily clad) young women playing along to tracks. The comments are full of drivel from the lustful and stupid about how wonderful they are, etc, etc. Look closely and you'll notice you often cannot see the jack on the instrument in many of them, which suggests it ain't even plugged in and that they are miming. All very contrived.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Never mind the bass playing , I'd happily pay to watch her pole dancing  😉

Ah, so you are the thigh rubbing perv making comments on her YouTube videos?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Never mind the bass playing , I'd happily pay to watch her pole dancing  😉

She'll be miming of course, and wearing an unnaturally high G string

2 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

Oh Gawd. There are a load of these vid's on YouTube of cute (and sometimes scantily clad) young women playing along to tracks. ... which suggests it ain't even plugged in and that they are miming. All very contrived.

Yeh, women, how can they play stuff, they would be too distracted by kittens and handbags to learn a proper mans job 🙄

Edited by Woodinblack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Yeh, women, how can they play stuff, they would be too distracted by kittens and handbags to learn a proper mans job 🙄

Likewise, I'm breaking into the pole dancing sector. Having trouble finding a small enough G string that doesn't let a draught in from the side...

49 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Likewise, I'm breaking into the pole dancing sector. Having trouble finding a small enough G string that doesn't let a draught in from the side...

Now there is a mental image that is probably not required...

• ped locked this topic