Why become a member? ×

Warwick GPS Thumb BO 4 RESALE VALUE?

Greg.Bassman

Hi all.

Thinking of this warwick thumb as my next purchase… https://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-dept/bass-guitars/warwick-gps-thumb-bo-4-in-natural-transparent-satinHypothetically speaking, if we say that it has been well looked after with no problems etc, how much could I expect to get back from one of these if I decide to sell in future? I know this might seem like an odd question, but I figured that it doesn’t hurt to plan for the worst. After losing too much money on other brands before, I have since learnt to be mindful of resale value before deciding to pull the trigger.

Cheers.

Edited by Greg.Bassman

If you want to minimize your losses (ie if you’re not sure you’ll get on with it), buy used.

Otherwise I’d estimate you’ll lose about £500 selling it on based on the ‘new’ price, give or take.

Si

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 1

£500 loss on that sounds about right. I bought and sold one very similar (except fretless) and lost about that much. But I only paid £1100 at the time for brand new. Some happy years in between buying and selling though... I still think they're amazing basses. Second hand may be the way to go.

• Like 1

Warwick always take a considerable hit used. They're the bass that comes to mind whenever I think of a brand that depreciates like a stone. The used models tend to hold their value because they've effectively bottomed out once they're no longer brand new. 

I'd take the cash it would cost for that Thumb new and buy a used model. 

• Like 2