Why become a member? ×

SOLD:TOKAI FRETLESS JAZZ SOUND FOR SALE
£190

Timjoris

Hi,

Bought this defretted early-mid eighties Tokai jazz a while ago from an other Baschatter. Bought this to see if fretless is something for me, and I am pretty sure now it's not... Claims were made by the previous owners that this bass can stand proudly next to the Fender Jaco custom shop model. Although I never tried them, this is probably exaggerated.  Buy this bass if you want to dip your toes into fretless water and don't want to spend a fortune. I had the nut replaced and cleaned the bass up. The fret markers on the fingerboard in the upper register are a bit untidy, but not noticeable in playing position.

Happy to post at buyers expense.

Let me know if any questions,

Thanks!

fullsizeoutput_397.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_398.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_399.jpeg

IMG_1869.JPG

Edited by Timjoris

Thanks for your reply. As far as I know the year you can tell a specific Tokai is from, is the style in which "Tokai" is written and the shape of the headstock. I have two Tokai jazz sounds with the Spaghetti logo (before Fender lawsuit) which have both "oldies but goldies" on it as well. Never came across Tokai modern reissues as Fender do. If you have a link to this, please  let me know. Thanks

Edited by Timjoris

I could be wrong but dont think I am on my 1985 Tokai it just has the normal Tokai logo etc but on my reissue it has the oldies but goldies logo anyway if this is an 80s one your selling it far to cheap :) and if it is a modern one it is still a great bass and well worth the money like I said GLWTS mate