Why become a member? ×

Good eggs on this forum

mr4stringz

Stating what so many do but it still puts a smile on my face and restores just a little of my faith in (some) humans when I only encounter good, solid and genuine people on here.

Have never had an issue with anything I’ve sold or bought on here. Always smooth transactions and never any issues.

Good work, bass people!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mr4stringz said:

Stating what so many do but it still puts a smile on my face and restores just a little of my faith in (some) humans when I only encounter good, solid and genuine people on here.

Have never had an issue with anything I’ve sold or bought on here. Always smooth transactions and never any issues.

Good work, bass people!

Yup, I only wish that 'real life' was always as a nice a place to be as it is here. Pat on the back to you all at our virtual 'local' that is The Basschat Arms. Or is it The Dog and Bass. It's a friendly place that's for sure.

Edited by dood
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, dood said:

Yup, I only wish that 'real life' was always as a nice a place to be as it is here. Pat on the back to you all at our virtual 'local' that is The Basschat Arms. Or is it The Dog and Bass. It's a friendly place that's for sure.

Didn't the Basschat Arms close down? Not sure if it was noise complaints from new neighbours or something to do with a goat . . .

48 minutes ago, ped said:

It wasn't a goat, it was Sybil...

Or, more correctly, her ants. They were shocking, hissing at any and everyone. The noise was terrible, and got on everyone's goat. A shame; I still have a mug of tea unfinished from my last visit there :drinks:. (Well, I say 'last'; I could go back and face the sibilance, I suppose -_-...). 

It's seriously nice when I hear how people enjoy the forum. It's a big pat on the back for the mods, too - it's largely thanks to them that we have such a nice community here. Well done everyone and long may it continue.

Sybil

• Like 4

5 hours ago, tonyquipment said:

Bass people are nice people. Nice club. Nice. 

This. Imho there's a supportiveness among peeps who share a not obvious choice of instrument. I've had wonderful support and encouragement from bass players I've spoken to at their gigs, as well as here. My older son was for a while a church organist (proper manual / pedal / stop stuff) - never good enough to make a living at it, but while he was trying, some of the best cathedral organists in the country went out of their way to help him.

I've heard the same is true in sport - one of my students is a fencer, one of the best at university level, and tells me that she meets British Olympic fencers at competitions and they are completely into encouraging and helping her and others at her level. 

• Like 1

Have to say i've had or seen a few unpleasant comments or exchanges on BC, but over the past couple of years its been far better and i think the Moderators have kept a far tighter control of things. The end up of that is a much more tolerant and approachable forum. 

Can't say i've seen anything at all in recent years. Its interesting, informative and supportive in many areas of life, not just bass related so all in all VERY WELL DONE.

Dave

• Like 1