Why become a member? ×

Line 6 G30 battery door just fell apart.

dave_bass5

After reading so many negative things about the door, mine has been 100% reliable  for a few years......until tonight. I got my strap out of the bag and the transmitter door just fell off in to 3 pieces. Looks like the metal plate supports have broken. I can put it all back together again but there is nothing keeping it together unless i tape it etc. 

I know its been asked before but did anyone ever get thier door replaced? Ive found the part number for the door itself, but the postage will be way more than the door if i get it from the USA, and it’s only the plastic door itself anyway, so no guarantee the metal plate will just clip back on. 

Im aware of the workarounds, but I’d rather get it fixed properly. 

Edited by dave_bass5

Has the door maybe popped open inside your bag and been damaged in transit with something sitting against it?

Mine lives attached to my strap by a plastic zip tie at the top and a strip of velcro that goes around the unit at the battery door section so it's always closed. Only time the velcro comes off is to change the batteries.

If it's still active, maybe someone on the line6 forum could assist or has already done it? You're right though, there's been so many threads on many forums that someone is bound to have done it at some point

I have emailed Line6 but not heard back yet. I have a feeling ill end up supergluing the plate back in and keeping a cable tie around it. I used it all day yesterday (tapped up)and it still works fine, so i think ill just have to live with the slight inconvenience. its not a write off yet.

Edited by dave_bass5
typo

• 1 month later...

Well I never got a reply from Line 6 (Note to self, dont buy line 6 again) so i ended up having to buy a B-stock  transmitter from Gear 4 Music. Cost £65 but as long as it works its cheaper than buying a new system. 

Taping the old one up was beginning to be a pain for changing batteries. 

15 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Well I never got a reply from Line 6 (Note to self, dont buy line 6 again) so i ended up having to buy a B-stock  transmitter from Gear 4 Music. Cost £65 but as long as it works its cheaper than buying a new system. 

Taping the old one up was beginning to be a pain for changing batteries. 

The sad thing is, thats probably not far off the cost they'd probably charge you for outrageously overpriced spares and courier costs.

2 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

The sad thing is, thats probably not far off the cost they'd probably charge you for outrageously overpriced spares and courier costs.

Yeah. I decided not to email them again and just get on with it. i have noticed that the new one doesn't work with some of my rechargeable, even though they are all the same brand (that ive used for a good few years). Fine with Duracell though so not a big deal. I was going to switch to using those anyway.

36 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Yeah. I decided not to email them again and just get on with it. i have noticed that the new one doesn't work with some of my rechargeable, even though they are all the same brand (that ive used for a good few years). Fine with Duracell though so not a big deal. I was going to switch to using those anyway.

That's a bit odd. Is there anything stopping you switching the doors? Or is the risk too much to be worth bothering with?

1 hour ago, EBS_freak said:

That's a bit odd. Is there anything stopping you switching the doors? Or is the risk too much to be worth bothering with?

Im going to keep things as they are for now. If it does become an issue ill look in to changing the doors over. I feel a bit more comfortable with using the whole unit rather than a £65 door lol.

Edited by dave_bass5

• 2 weeks later...